Salt Water Fly Fishing

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Are ya giving up one expensive activity for another? If you try hard you can have a better golf game. :lmao:

Agee

kom526 said:
Are ya giving up one expensive activity for another? If you try hard you can have a better golf game. :lmao:

Thanks Brother :howdy: :cheers:

No, not giving-up the golf game, a better game will come with time. I've had a salt-water fly rig for some time, just want to fianally put it to use. Catching big rock/blues/trout off the pier with a bottom rig while a blast, doesn't offer quite the same challenge :whistle:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Airgasm said:
Thanks Brother :howdy: :cheers:

No, not giving-up the golf game, a better game will come with time. I've had a salt-water fly rig for some time, just want to fianally put it to use. Catching big rock/blues/trout off the pier with a bottom rig while a blast, doesn't offer quite the same challenge :whistle:
Brady is a nice guy and he's been doing this a long time. Go and enjoy yourself.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I have a salt water fly fishing rig that I haven't used either. I'm afraid I'll take out DR's eye.......Definitely something I'd like to try.

BS Gal said:
I have a salt water fly fishing rig that I haven't used either. I'm afraid I'll take out DR's eye.......Definitely something I'd like to try.
Taking my eye out? :jameo:
Here's lookin' at you kid. :lmao:

Agee

BS Gal said:

You ought to!

I've used mine, a couple times off a pier, and once on a charter out of Oregon Inlet NC, but a storm chased us off the water. Yet to catch anything besides pilings, boards, my legs and the back of my hat... :lmao:

Got pretty good casting in the yard. I have a instructional DVD as well as a few books you're welcomed to borrow.

I don't do too bad in the yard, but put me on the rocking boat with a nice breeze and most times I have about 10 yards of line leading to a big pile.
I have managed to get a couple small rockfish. Got a blue by casting into a chumline (mine).

Airgasm said:
Chunks-Ahoy... :lmao: suck-azz condition out on the water!
:lmao: No, it was real chum. On that topic though, you should see how cool it is to barf over the side of a boat out over a shallow reef in nice clear water in FL. Lot's of action!

N

nitwhit3286

I have seen a fish nestled in between a pirates legs before. :yay: :lmao:

Airgasm said:
:howdy: :smoochy:

I'm thinking about this for the spring when the rock start running. He usually runs out of Solomons.
You are talking about the trophy season? That sounds like it would be kinda tough. Fish all scattered, fairly deep for fly fishing, etc.

Agee

desertrat said:
You are talking about the trophy season? That sounds like it would be kinda tough. Fish all scattered, fairly deep for fly fishing, etc.

Good Point, I believe he does most of his stuff in and about the rivers/creeks, which would mean later in the season. Although, if its not blowing dogs off the chains and you can get out in the bay. The fish are often on top feeding, so not a big issue.

There is in fact sinking type lines that will get your fly down deep, but that's a another technique! baby steps...