San Francisco, ya'll

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

When a reporter would not betray his source, police came to his home with guns and a sledgehammer

A few weeks before, he said two San Francisco police officers — a sergeant and a lieutenant — knocked on his door and “cordially” asked him to identify the source who shared a confidential police report into the Feb. 22 death of San Francisco Public Defender Jeff Adachi. “Of course, I politely declined,” Carmody said of the visit from police last month. He had the same response Friday.

That, my friends, is when police came with a sledgehammer, busted into his home, pulled guns on him, and confiscated not only his belongings but his girlfriend's belongings as well.

Why?

Because the Public Defender died in a love nest with his side piece after ingesting drugs and alcohol. SF wanted to say he died of a heart attack and keep the part about drugs and girlfriends hush hush.

Now, I don't know about you but this doesn't even sound like something that should happen in America. Sounds more like Cuba, or Iraq, or Venezuela. IMO, it's time for the whole state of CA to part ways with us and be their own country. They clearly have a problem with the way we do things here, don't really like any of our laws or protections. I say let's don't wait for them to #calexit - let's just give them the boot.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sounds like a violation of Freedom of the Press .......

Democrats don't believe in free press. They only allow press that "reports" what they tell them to report. One of the many reasons why it's just not working out with CA and it's time for them to separate. They certainly aren't the only bastions of slavery and fascism in this country, but they're the only one where the whole freaking state is Cuba Jr.

TCROW

When a reporter would not betray his source, police came to his home with guns and a sledgehammer

A few weeks before, he said two San Francisco police officers — a sergeant and a lieutenant — knocked on his door and “cordially” asked him to identify the source who shared a confidential police report into the Feb. 22 death of San Francisco Public Defender Jeff Adachi. “Of course, I politely declined,” Carmody said of the visit from police last month. He had the same response Friday.

That, my friends, is when police came with a sledgehammer, busted into his home, pulled guns on him, and confiscated not only his belongings but his girlfriend's belongings as well.

Why?

Because the Public Defender died in a love nest with his side piece after ingesting drugs and alcohol. SF wanted to say he died of a heart attack and keep the part about drugs and girlfriends hush hush.

Now, I don't know about you but this doesn't even sound like something that should happen in America. Sounds more like Cuba, or Iraq, or Venezuela. IMO, it's time for the whole state of CA to part ways with us and be their own country. They clearly have a problem with the way we do things here, don't really like any of our laws or protections. I say let's don't wait for them to #calexit - let's just give them the boot.

Now this is some high comedy.

We’ve all seen you rail against the media and wish violence and death upon them for daring to say something that damages your tender sensibilities.

You ****ing psychopath.

Hijinx

How stupid Stupid can they be? A reporter , they screw around with a reporter.

No chance this screw up would ever reach the Press. DUH!!!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How stupid Stupid can they be? A reporter , they screw around with a reporter.

No chance this screw up would ever reach the Press. DUH!!!!

It should be a much bigger story than it is. You'd think ALL journalists would be absolutely howling, but note that they're not. I'm not sure why the elites want to protect some city public defender, but there it is. Perhaps he had something on Nancy.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Yet the cops won't lift a finger to corral illegal aliens and the city is under "water" in human feces.

On a serious note, I wonder who signed off on the "raid." Are the police worried about something? The City prosecutor's office? City Hall?

Two snips from the article stood out to me:

First,
After police came into his home, officers handcuffed him for six hours as they collected his equipment. A receipt certifying his release from custody confirms he was handcuffed from 8:22 a.m. to 1:55 p.m. The search warrant for his home said officers were investigating “stolen or embezzled” property.

And second,
Amid a public mourning, city officials chastised police for allowing the details of a confidential report to end up in the headlines. The police launched an internal investigation into the report’s leaking, which led to Friday’s raid at Carmody’s home.

Something's fishy here. And it's not out on Fisherman's Wharf.

--- End of line (MCP)

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
There a few more details to this story:

The Public Defender
  • He reportedly had a confrontational relationship with police throughout his career, police corruption, etc. and why wouldn't he? He was a key public defender.
  • Apparently true about the drugs and the love nest. However, police around here don't release details, name, photos of people when they overdose or die in similar situations. They are typically considered a victim. Can't really see where the details would be in the public interest or on the job the man did throughout his career. I've never seen photos of the aftermath of a school shooting and certainly someone could argue that it was in the public interest; point being that there is a difference between what is legal and what is common decency.
  • So, by not releasing the details of the investigation, the police dept. was essentially doing the guy and his family a favor. The guy who leaked it I suspect did it be vindictive, or perhaps seek revenge for a prior confrontation with the man. As I noted above, I don't consider it to have been in the public interest. IMO, the leaker is a shitbag (2 degrees worst than a douchebag).
The Reporter
  • The guy was an independent stringer, a news service if you will. Since he didn't have the financial and legal muscle of a big media outlet, whomever ordered the raid probably felt confident that they could handle the blowback, i.e. get away with it. They wouldn't have pulled this crap with the San Fran Chronicle.
  • A few people suggested that his type of thing would normally be dealt with via a subpoena, not a raid.
  • Police say he was handcuffed because guns (legal) were found in the residence and this was a matter of procedure. Should be a simple matter to produce the police handbook and show us that paragraph.
  • We need to see copies of the warrant applications to see if they lied or stretched the truth. There was speculation that they painted it like he was personally involved with the "theft" of the document.
  • The $64,000 questions is who ordered the raid? Seems like city hall is the key suspect here.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Can't really see where the details would be in the public interest or on the job the man did throughout his career.

I can. He was a public defender, which means he comes into contact with lots of shady characters, including the local drug talent. If he was involved with drugs himself, I think the public has a right to know that because it would almost certainly impact his job.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Police say he was handcuffed because guns (legal) were found in the residence and this was a matter of procedure.

if you watch COPS enough [I havn't in yrs] police always do this 'for your protection'

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
San Francisco Police Chief Apologizes For Horrifying Raid On Journalist's Home

Scott, however, did not take full responsibility for the raid on the home of Bryan Carmody, a freelance journalist who received a series of documents pertaining to the death of San Francisco's former public defender, Jeff Adachi, in an unauthorized leak from within the police department.

Scott instead told the San Francisco Chronicle that the documents officers compiled to obtain the warrant did not adequately describe Carmody as a journalist, NPR says, even though a fairly simple internet search would have turned up the fact that Carmody operated as a freelance investigative reporter.

"Scott also said the officers who executed the warrants violated department policy by not first consulting with the district attorney's office," the outlet added.

I'm gonna throw a flag on this lame ass excuse .....
The FOP called him out ...

San Francisco police union says chief must quit, calling his apology 'pathetic'

“It is time for Chief Scott to go. There’s no other way around it,” union leaders wrote in a statement released Saturday, one day after Scott issued the public apology.
The statement described the chief’s public concession as a “pathetic, deceitful and shameful display of self-preservation, finger pointing, and political kowtowing.”

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.

Article title: "SFPD Finally Admits The Search Of A Journalist's Home Over A Leaked Document Was Probably Illegal"

It will be interesting to see how many lawyers line up at the journalist's door (assuming he still has one after the raid).

--- End of line (MCP)

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Leftists Pols are never hesitant to use the full power of government at their disposal.