Santana Moss...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't like him as a player, at all.

He has consistently had control issues and gotten us several personal foul calls and several critical near misses over the years and that was before this past game where a rookie got under his thin skin.

What I've been meaning to complain about was his route on our second play from scrimmage, the Randl El option.

Moss just took off on a go, no head fake, no should fake, no slow down as if it was a running play, just GO.

Now, I ain't the coach and I didn't draw this thing up but, if you give the ball to your slot guy who can run but is also noted as an ex college QB who still throws it once in awhile, at the very least, I would have Moss take off at the snap and then cut the jets, look over his shoulder as though it was a run and THEN take off. At least try to sell the run a little bit.

I mean, the safety was in pure man and never took his eyes off his responsibility, #89. So, not being open, and not wanting to force it, Randl El eats the ball, play is dead. All is lost.

When you insist on celebrating every 8 yard reception you make for a first down (even when your team is getting its butt whipped), then you better never drop a ball. He does too much of the former, which I might be able to look past if he didn't do so much of the latter.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
When you insist on celebrating every 8 yard reception you make for a first down (even when your team is getting its butt whipped), then you better never drop a ball. He does too much of the former, which I might be able to look past if he didn't do so much of the latter.

I don't fault him for the drops too much because I've seen him make some amazing catches. Moss is not a #1 type, he's a great #2, and it has been a problem since he got here; no help.

I don't fault him for the drops too much because I've seen him make some amazing catches. Moss is not a #1 type, he's a great #2, and it has been a problem since he got here; no help.

That's my point, if you're gonna act like you're the ####, then you have to play to that level. I could put up with Larry Fitzgerald acting like he's the ####, because he consistently plays to a high level. Santana doesn't - he makes a few great plays, then he disappears or drops balls for a while.

Then he wants to act like he saved the planet every time he catches a 7 yard hook for a first down. If you want to do that, you should be producing more often and more consistently.

PsyOps

Pixelated
What I've been meaning to complain about was his route on our second play from scrimmage, the Randl El option.

Moss just took off on a go, no head fake, no should fake, no slow down as if it was a running play, just GO.

If you're talking about the play where Moss ran a long post and Campbell threw for the straight pattern I happen to think it was Campbell that screwed up on that one. If you watched Moss at the end of the play he threw his hands in the air as if to say "you threw the wrong pass pinhead" (Campbell IS a pinhead :biggrin:). And Moss was open. If Campbell had thrown the right stinking pass it would have been a TD.

Another pass to Moss was a quick slant in where he was (once again) open and Campbell threw the ball behind Moss causing an interception.

Campbell must go!

BuddyLee

Football addict
If you're talking about the play where Moss ran a long post and Campbell threw for the straight pattern I happen to think it was Campbell that screwed up on that one. If you watched Moss at the end of the play he threw his hands in the air as if to say "you threw the wrong pass pinhead" (Campbell IS a pinhead :biggrin:). And Moss was open. If Campbell had thrown the right stinking pass it would have been a TD.

Another pass to Moss was a quick slant in where he was (once again) open and Campbell threw the ball behind Moss causing an interception.

Campbell must go!
There wasn't an interception today. Did you watch the game or were you preparing your Campbell hate for this Sunday?

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
There wasn't an interception today. Did you watch the game or were you preparing your Campbell hate for this Sunday?

He's one of the guys on extremeskins that doesn't care is Campbell threw for 350yrds, 3 td's... He would dwell on the his footwork just to be a hater it sounds like :lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
He's one of the guys on extremeskins that doesn't care is Campbell threw for 350yrds, 3 td's... He would dwell on the his footwork just to be a hater it sounds like :lol:

Name one team Jason Campbell would start for. Name one game he's thrown for 350 and 3 scores.

How'd he do against the worst team in the league yesterday? Three fg's?

Eli lost his #1 in Plax, he lost his nominal #1 last night, against the Cowboys, to injury. He's got a bunch of young guys with little experience.

Rivers played his ass off against the Ravens with a makeshift line, #1 RB out a pro bowl TE, like us, and a bunch of nobodies for WR's.

I mean, what's the standard for QB for us? We're at 13 points per game. That's 4 less than last year.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Name one team Jason Campbell would start for. Name one game he's thrown for 350 and 3 scores.

Eli lost his #1 in Plax, he lost his nominal #1 last night, against the Cowboys, to injury. He's got a bunch of young guys with little experience.

Rivers played his ass off against the Ravens with a makeshift line, #1 RB out a pro bowl TE, like us, and a bunch of nobodies for WR's.

I mean, what's the standard for QB for us? We're at 13 points per game. That's 4 less than last year.

Before I get to this, I was stating that no matter what some players do, people will always find ways to be negative.

As for yesterday, I believe there were 2 touchdowns dropped? I could be wrong, didn't catch much of the 2nd half (car, then playing with the kid).

Also, if his recievers would get open more on deep routes, he probably would throw for 350 and 3. I think Kelly has a chance to be good, but him and Campbell HAVE GOT TO GET THERE TIMING DOWN.
As far as any other team Campbell would start for... I think he could start for SF, he'd probably start for Tampa Bay, Im sure there are others.. Are these great teams, no, but neither are we. Campbell has the tools to be a great QB. But when you get within the 10, and you run the ball for nothing, not all his fault. And Campbell made plays yesterday, with his feet, and with his arm.. I just think they need to loosen the reins a little and let him play ball. He reminds me of Mcnabb, strong arm, good feet. Difference, Reed lets mcnabb play ball, I dont think they are letting Campbell do that here. I think to many people are worried about keeping their jobs.

Me personally, I'd give Zorn this year and next. I'd bring in ole Shanny this year to do some player personal upgrading and get rid of Cerrato. IF, we get rid of Zorn this year, and we pick up M.S, I hope he fires damn near every coach we have. Our ST's aren't very good, Blache blows as a D-Coordinator (3rd an 4, and our corners are giving 10-12yrd cushions, and he doesn't seem to make the best out of what he has, this bend don't break #### needs to go)

There is plenty to go on about, just don't have time to keep going :lol:

Otter

Nothing to see here

Duke

PsyOps

Pixelated

No, I was talking about last weekend. He looked pretty good yesterday; except in the red zone, which I blame more on play calling than Campbell. But he still holds the ball too long; too indecisive. Of course his main target was Cooley, THE most dependable player on the field. CP was kept under 100 yards with an average of 4 per carry. Not very impressive against a team like the Rams.

But sure enough they will work on the red zone offense this week which will throw Campbells complete game off. IMO, he is completely incapable of handling too many tasks that would require full field coverage. Hasn't he proven this after 4 years?

Otter

Nothing to see here
Campbell fattens his stats on comeback routes or a guy sitting in a hole in the zone..His completion percentage for hitting a guy in stride so he can do something with the ball is probably round 10%.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Campbell fattens his stats on comeback routes or a guy sitting in a hole in the zone..His completion percentage for hitting a guy in stride so he can do something with the ball is probably round 10%.

That implies he threw enough passes to someone in motion to develop a statistical model.