Santana Moss...

PsyOps

Pixelated
Campbell fattens his stats on comeback routes or a guy sitting in a hole in the zone..His completion percentage for hitting a guy in stride so he can do something with the ball is probably round 10%.

So, we're back to talking about Campbell?

BuddyLee

Football addict
Name one team Jason Campbell would start for. Name one game he's thrown for 350 and 3 scores.

How'd he do against the worst team in the league yesterday? Three fg's?

Eli lost his #1 in Plax, he lost his nominal #1 last night, against the Cowboys, to injury. He's got a bunch of young guys with little experience.

Rivers played his ass off against the Ravens with a makeshift line, #1 RB out a pro bowl TE, like us, and a bunch of nobodies for WR's.

I mean, what's the standard for QB for us? We're at 13 points per game. That's 4 less than last year.
If it's not one thing it's another with this team. If Campbell is great it's someone else. If the offense is great the defense blows. If all the players get it right the play-calling is atrocious.

Campbell was actually damn good yesterday. I saw two perhaps three easy touchdown passes dropped yesterday. If the guys we pay to catch these balls actually catch them it's a much different story.

The Redskins, most dropped passes last year than any other team. Looks like we're on our way again.:yahoo:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Not very impressive against a team like the Rams.

But sure enough they will work on the red zone offense this week which will throw Campbells complete game off. IMO, he is completely incapable of handling too many tasks that would require full field coverage. Hasn't he proven this after 4 years?
No, not impressive at all.

In the redzone yesterday I musta' saw them run the same play left about 20 times for a gain of nil. One of the only passes was a half-back option. Horrible.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Campbell fattens his stats on comeback routes or a guy sitting in a hole in the zone..His completion percentage for hitting a guy in stride so he can do something with the ball is probably round 10%.
To wit, we don't have those guys. Even Santana has fallen off.

Beta84

They're out to get us
What I've been meaning to complain about was his route on our second play from scrimmage, the Randl El option.

Moss just took off on a go, no head fake, no should fake, no slow down as if it was a running play, just GO.

2nd play of the game against a CB he's probably never faced before, right? Santana Moss is one of the fastest receivers in the league (unless he has lost a step?). If he beats the guy in a foot race, he's open for a big gain. Maybe the Skins decided to test the CB to start the game. If he wasn't open then maybe the CB was fast enough to hang with him. It happens.