Saphron Restaurant in Prince Frederick

Justme2

Really don't care for either place and they are both pricey. Saphron with their $9.00 a slice of pecan pie and Apple Bees with there $6.75 drafts. Well I guess if I was rich money wise it might not matter. But I am rich in so many other ways I have a hard time counting all my Blessings.

Chris0nllyn

Really don't care for either place and they are both pricey. Saphron with their $9.00 a slice of pecan pie and Apple Bees with there $6.75 drafts. Well I guess if I was rich money wise it might not matter. But I am rich in so many other ways I have a hard time counting all my Blessings.

Applebees has $3 Bud Light Brewtus drafts......

sockgirl77

I'd gladly pay $9 for a slice of pecan pie if it's not that frozen crap that other restaurants pass off as their own. And as far as $6.75 drafts, check the size of the mug/glass and the type of brew. You can always order a bottle of BL for a few bucks. :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Saphron was a nice restaurant. Happy Meal eaters need not apply. They didn't have #### food and #### beer, they were upscale and more suitable for adult dinners than a quick chicken nugget scarf for the children. If paying more than $15 for a meal and no children's menu is a deal-breaker for you, go to Friendly's or Bob Evans.

People who complain about prices in nice restaurants annoy me. Not every freaking place has to cater to your lowbrow Budweiser tastes. If you don't want to pay for a nice meal, go to the damn Ruby Tuesday and shut up about it.

Roman

Saphron was a nice restaurant. Happy Meal eaters need not apply. They didn't have #### food and #### beer, they were upscale and more suitable for adult dinners than a quick chicken nugget scarf for the children. If paying more than $15 for a meal and no children's menu is a deal-breaker for you, go to Friendly's or Bob Evans.

People who complain about prices in nice restaurants annoy me. Not every freaking place has to cater to your lowbrow Budweiser tastes. If you don't want to pay for a nice meal, go to the damn Ruby Tuesday and shut up about it.
What's wrong with Budweiser? I love Budweiser.

Justme2

So you think $9.00 Dollars for a piece of pecan pie isn't ripping you off. I can see $5.00. The rest of the meal was priced right for the place and Saphron Inn decore was just right for time error and the music of I think was Benny Goodman playing right on the money. Service was OK but not all that. Sorry to see someone lose their business But I would of not went back.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So you r think $9.00 Dollars for a piece of pecan pie isn't ripping you off. I can see $5.00. The rest of the meal was prced right for the place and Saphron Inn decore was

If it's really good pecan pie, yes. I think her bread pudding was $9 or $10 and worth every cent.

Good ingredients cost more. Crap is cheap. You're either the type of person who is willing to pay for quality or you're not. That's why family style chain restaurants were invented and do so well.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
OMG, Charlene's grit cakes! :swoon: I tried to duplicate them at home - she told me how to make them and it's easy enough - but no joy.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

So you think $9.00 Dollars for a piece of pecan pie isn't ripping you off. I can see $5.00. The rest of the meal was priced right for the place and Saphron Inn decore was just right for time error and the music of I think was Benny Goodman playing right on the money. Service was OK but not all that. Sorry to see someone lose their business But I would of not went back.

If it's really good pecan pie, yes. I think her bread pudding was $9 or $10 and worth every cent.

Good ingredients cost more. Crap is cheap. You're either the type of person who is willing to pay for quality or you're not. That's why family style chain restaurants were invented and do so well.

OMG, Charlene's grit cakes! :swoon: I tried to duplicate them at home - she told me how to make them and it's easy enough - but no joy.

I live in Prince Frederick and had been to Saphron's at least a handful of times, maybe a couple more. I didn't mind the prices, it was more of the "needing the time to go there" kind of place. I'd go with the Friday nighters or with FH, but wouldn't take the teenagers - they scoff their noses at too many things. :lmao:

I never, ever had a bad meal. And every dessert I had - I shared with someone else not because of the price - but because the meal was so plentiful and the desserts were so decadent and delicious - I couldn't eat it all.

I loved her Shrimp and Grits, LOVED the collards. L-o-v-e-d them!!! Loved the fried chicken (which you would wait a little bit for, because as they tell you on the menu AND when you order - it is fried FRESH when ordered! Let me see, I tried some of their appetizers and they were always yum - in fact, with the Friday nighters I tried more than a few because we'd share. There was a chocolate cake that was so rich you could only eat a few bites, plus there was the bread pudding - omg!

Fresh pie and cake - $9 or $10 a piece? YES, worth every penny when it is made totally from fresh ingredients from scratch. I never waited in line to be seated either. All the masses were down the road a piece at Applebee's or one of the other chains. :yay:

Will be sorry to not have any of those collards again. :frown:

Justme2

Fresh Pecan pies for sale

if it's really good pecan pie, yes. I think her bread pudding was $9 or $10 and worth every cent.

fresh pecan pies for sale come get em' only $60.00 come get while their hot just 60 bucks!!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
fresh pecan pies for sale come get em' only $60.00 come get while their hot just 60 bucks!!!

If it's as good as Charlene's, I'll take one.

You know, nobody is forcing you to eat at nice restaurants and pay $9 for good dessert. You are free to not eat at places like that, you don't have to run them down. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean nobody does.

Cali Transplant

Have boat will travel
I really liked the restaurant when it was the Old Field Inn. Saphron's not so much. I went last year and the food was ok, but nothing I'd go back for. Service was slooow.