Sarbanes Retiring to Run for Govnuh!

blacklabman

I would prefer he just retired. We don't need another liberal Democart in the state house. Now if we could just get rid of "The Mouth" Mulkowski, things would be right with the worls.

blacklabman said:
I would prefer he just retired. We don't need another liberal Democart in the state house. Now if we could just get rid of "The Mouth" Mulkowski, things would be right with the worls.
Scary thought:
Gov. Sarbanes
Speaker Busch

Miller may work with Erhlich on Republican stuff, but man, if we have the above in office, :yikes:

Cletus_Vandam

Maybe Hoyer will retire and enter into the Gov. race as well. Just think, when Erlich wins his second term, we would have then taken two liberal Dems out of politics here in Maryland....

...wait a minute, I just woke up from my dream.

Erlich doesn't stand a chance at getting elected for a second term, IMO. I think everyone is looking at him as being someone who isn't able to get anything done. I personally don't think this is a fair assessment. He put all of his eggs in the "slots" basket and since the Dems are against him on everything, this has stalled all of his efforts on any and everything. It wasn't until he drew a connection between funding the school/education budget with slot proceeds that the Dems even began looking at the slots in a positive light...

Me, I think slots are no problem. You can already go and waste all your money playing Keno, lottery and instant scratch lottery, so why not keep the slot money here in the State, since it seems to be leaving to gambling in Del. and WV?

With regard to second amend supporters siding w/ Erlich, I think that since he hasn't done anything on the front of getting things improved here in MD he might loose some support. But on the flip side, if Kennedy was gov, we'd be lucky to still have any firearms...

On the guns note. As soon as Sarbanes is elected, the liberal Montgomery Co. dems will put their gun grab bills forward, and he will sign them ALL.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
blacklabman said:

YES :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Where do I sign up?

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Apparently, the Dems think Bobby Haircut will have difficulty getting re-elected.

I think that they are wrong. Democrats have excelled in recent years at underestimating the voters and our political climate by going too far to the left. Douglas Duncan and Martin O'Malley aren't good enough to beat Erlich. So the Dems are trying to bring Sarbanes and Hoyer into the Governors race. The Democrats lack vision, so they're trying to bring heavyweight names in to the race to save them. They should probably focus on building a political party that is more in touch with today's issues.

Vernon Gray, call your office...