Saturday Morning Cartoons

Grumpy

My favorites were Mr Peabody, Rocky and Bullwinkle and Beanie and Cecil. Vague memories of Oswald Rabbit from Captain Kangaroo

SamSpade

I looked over the 72-73 line up and don't remember many of them.

That was likely when bicycling, baseball, football and other things took priority over cartoons.
Strange, I remember all of them. I was JUST talking to a young tech at my house YESTERDAY because I used to watch a show about an undersea city called Sealab 2020. (More like a research lab, but a fully occupiable city with kids).

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Strange, I remember all of them. I was JUST talking to a young tech at my house YESTERDAY because I used to watch a show about an undersea city called Sealab 2020.
Just looked that one up.

With a 1970s Ann Jillian in it, it would be worth watching now. :lmao:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Strange, I remember all of them. I was JUST talking to a young tech at my house YESTERDAY because I used to watch a show about an undersea city called Sealab 2020. (More like a research lab, but a fully occupiable city with kids).
I remember that. It was during the time when oceanography was a huge thing, Cousteau and all, and I was looking to be a marine scientist.

It reminded me of the Epcot underwater habitiat exhibit.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
BTW, a lot of the old shows are available on streaming services. Fireball XL5, Thunderbirds, etc....

GregV814

Rocky & Bullwinkle and Sherman & Peabody were over the heads of most kids then. Especially the way back machine.

Can you imagine having a 10-12 year old kid trying to understand those segments today?

Attachments

• sherman.png
    sherman.png
    220.2 KB · Views: 24

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Rocky & Bullwinkle and Sherman & Peabody were over the heads of most kids then. Especially the way back machine.

Can you imagine having a 10-12 year old kid trying to understand those segments today?
One of my dad's 1st cousins, June Foray, and her most famous character.
1677545941864.png