Save the date announcements?

Blondie76

Hi ladies - I was wondering if anyone ever sent out (or know anyone that did) save the date announcements for a wedding? Mine is set for August and I have quite a few people that will be coming in from out of town. How soon should I send them out?

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Blondie76 said:
Hi ladies - I was wondering if anyone ever sent out (or know anyone that did) save the date announcements for a wedding? Mine is set for August and I have quite a few people that will be coming in from out of town. How soon should I send them out?
I am helping my friend out with her wedding, and the book we read said, 6months in advanced was good for invites.

watercolor

yeah yeah
I sent them out about 9 mths before the invites went out. But I also had alot of out of state people coming. So it really is a preference on what you want or think that is needed.

Blondie76 said:
I see no problem with sending them as soon as you know your date is firm. After all, it is a "heads up" and nothing formal.

Since your wedding is during a summer month, I think it's start to send the heads up ASAP because people usually plan their summer vacation early in the year.

I sent save the date cards that included magnets (all made by yours truly). I sent them out at least 6 months in advance. We had quite a few out of town guests and I wanted to give them plenty of notice.

Blondie76

Speedy70 said:
I sent save the date cards that included magnets (all made by yours truly). I sent them out at least 6 months in advance. We had quite a few out of town guests and I wanted to give them plenty of notice.

I like the magnet idea!

Here are photos of my save the dates w/magnet (names blocked to protect the innocent :lol:).

Attachments

• STD front.jpg
    STD front.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 111
  • STD inside.jpg
    STD inside.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 122
  • STD back.jpg
    STD back.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 112
sanchezf said:
PLEASE Tell??

I honestly can't remember if I made them in Word or Publisher, but there was a pre-made template for magnets. I added my own graphics and wording. I bought sheets of magnets at Michael's and printed them with my desktop printer. I attached them to the card using clear photo corners (see my previous post for how they turned out).

Don't get me started on wedding stuff....I made just about everything myself and am very proud. :lmao:

My programs turned out beautifully. :whistle:

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
[I made just about everything myself and am very proud. :lmao:

AS you should weddings take alot of time and work, let alone doind it all yourself.. :flowers:

Blondie76

Speedy70 said:
Here are photos of my save the dates w/magnet (names blocked to protect the innocent :lol:).

That looks really nice! I'm making all my stuff - invitations, programs and flowers. I could probably make those in publisher - I've used that a few times. I guess I have something to work on this weekend!

sanchezf said:
[I made just about everything myself and am very proud. :lmao:

AS you should weddings take alot of time and work, let alone doind it all yourself.. :flowers:

:curtsy: I am such a control freak. :lmao:

Blondie76 said:
That looks really nice! I'm making all my stuff - invitations, programs and flowers. I could probably make those in publisher - I've used that a few times. I guess I have something to work on this weekend!

Awesome! Let me know if you have any other questions. I love this kind of stuff!

Now that I think about it more...I think I did the cards in Publisher and the magnets in Word.