Saying thanks

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
I received the following email from a friend today, letting me know aobut a program that I knew nothing about. I checked out the site and it's such a wonderful idea, I wanted to share it with you all! Here is the text of her email with the important information included.

XEROX IS DOING SOMETHING COOL

If you go to this web site, www.LetsSayThanks.com you can pick out a thank you card and Xerox will print it and it will be sent to a soldier that is currently serving in Iraq . You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to a member of the armed services.

How AMAZING it would be if we could get everyone we know to send one!!! It is FREE and it only takes a second.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the soldiers received a bunch of these? Whether you are for or against the war, our soldiers over there need to know we are behind them.

This takes just 10 seconds and it's a wonderful way to say thank you. Please take the time and please take the time to pass it on for others to do. We can never say enough thank you's.

Thanks for taking to time to support our military!

It actually took me more than 10 seconds because I took the time to read some of the messages sent out and some of the ones that the soldiers sent back.

As we approach our Thanksgiving holiday, one that will hopefully be spent with family and friends, and full of good food and maybe some football, it would be great if we could take a little bit of time and send a small "thank you" to those who make it possible for us to sit down to a huge dinner in a world where there is food to eat, a place to sleep, a reasonable expectation of physical safety, and the freedom to speak our minds in a place like somd online.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Thank you for that...I took a few minutes to write a hero a personal message...made me teary to read the messages from the troops..how sad their sacrifices are not recognized more often. I will def pass this along.

I received the following email from a friend today, letting me know aobut a program that I knew nothing about. I checked out the site and it's such a wonderful idea, I wanted to share it with you all! Here is the text of her email with the important information included.

It actually took me more than 10 seconds because I took the time to read some of the messages sent out and some of the ones that the soldiers sent back.

As we approach our Thanksgiving holiday, one that will hopefully be spent with family and friends, and full of good food and maybe some football, it would be great if we could take a little bit of time and send a small "thank you" to those who make it possible for us to sit down to a huge dinner in a world where there is food to eat, a place to sleep, a reasonable expectation of physical safety, and the freedom to speak our minds in a place like somd online.
this was awesome! Thanks for posting, just sent my card.

red_explorer

Fyi

I dont know if this is still an active site, although I know you can go through the motions of setting up the message. I was sent the link over the weekend and went on Xerox's corporate site, as I am a regular Xerox customer. I was planning on publicizing it at my store. I told the person who sent me the link, that it was a 2006 program with Xerox, with no current listing on the Xerox site, and no current publicity. I also looked on Snopes.com, and didnt find a listing for it.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
I dont know if this is still an active site, although I know you can go through the motions of setting up the message. I was sent the link over the weekend and went on Xerox's corporate site, as I am a regular Xerox customer. I was planning on publicizing it at my store. I told the person who sent me the link, that it was a 2006 program with Xerox, with no current listing on the Xerox site, and no current publicity. I also looked on Snopes.com, and didnt find a listing for it.

According to Snopes, Xerox has said that they will continue to run the site as long as there is a need for it.

snopes.com: Let's Say Thanks

I would say, go ahead and publicize away!

DEEKAYPEE8569

This is it.....

kayo

Just sent mine. These service members need to know we are behind them and are proud of the sacrifices they make each and every day.

Also for those who have been injured and are recovering; when writing out your Christmas cards this year, take one card and send it to this address. Think of how many cards these wonderful people who have sacrificed so much would get. Please send to: A Recovering American Soldier c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center 6900 Georgia Avenue, NW Washington , D.C. 20307-5001.

Last edited:

lisa8439

Also for those who have been injured and are recovering; when writing out your Christmas cards this year, take one card and send it to this address. Think of how many cards these wonderful people who have sacrificed so much would get. Please send to: A Recovering American Soldier c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center 6900 Georgia Avenue, NW Washington , D.C. 20307-5001.

Thank you for suggesting this to others! :buddies:
My daughter had surgery at Walter Reed a few months ago and we actually met a recovering soldier who had lost his leg in Afghanastan while staying in the barracks there (she was there for a few days so they put us up in the barracks so we could be close) and we've been sending him things ever since. He is always so appreciative - and shares the things that we send with other soldiers so that they can have something too.

He said that many the soldiers feel very alone, especially at the holidays if they can't get home or have family come to visit. He also said that people and groups often send care packages and cards to those serving overseas, but they feel as though they are 'forgotten' once they come home, even though they are still lonely and missing familiy. Something as simple as a card or a picture drawn by a child reminds them that we haven't forgotten their sacrifice, and that they are still in our thoughts and prayers.

Kayo, thanks again for mentioning this... even if just a few people read this and send a card or picture, it will mean so much to the soldier that receives it.