Scalped

kelb

art imitating life
Hey guys..
Had anyone been to the Scalped salon in calvert by the courthouse? What do you think?

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Hey guys..
Had anyone been to the Scalped salon in calvert by the courthouse? What do you think?

Nice place, nice people but a little on the expensive side for some hairdressers that need some more experience to be asking those prices. I heard Margaret was real good though and I am sure others were too, I only went to one of the peeps there, wasn't happy for the amount of $$.

Kittykat33

Why me??
Has anyone tried a salon called Signature?? My FIL gave me a gift card there for Valentines day and he said it is for a pedicue. Just wanted to know if anyone has been there before. Thanks.

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Glad you guys said that the place was good. Something about the word scalped and haircut that don't go hand in hand. :lmao:

kelb

art imitating life
Wel Im looking for a new place to cut my hair. I moved and I HATE this part of moving hehe... So any great suggestions would be great. St. marys or Calvert

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I know Cattitude goes there and loves it:

http://forums.somd.com/2680003-post4.html

Do a search on 'Scalped' - you'll find lots of information has been posted here about them.

:yeahthat: I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! Dottie does my hair but all of the stylists are great. It's probably pricey compared to a lot of places in somd but they treat you great and do an awesome job. I've been going there since they opened....probably close to two years.

cdsulhoff

:yeahthat: I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! Dottie does my hair but all of the stylists are great. It's probably pricey compared to a lot of places in somd but they treat you great and do an awesome job. I've been going there since they opened....probably close to two years.

I agree with Cat!

Hubby and I both really likes this place! We had only the spa service there. However, I actually have an appointment set up to get my hair cut!

It is pricier than others but you are comparing apples to oranges in calvert!!! I mean you got Scalped that caters to the high end clients! They should not be compared to Haircuttery, Unique chic, or any others low end hair place! Now Michelangelo's are pricey too but at least at scalped you don't come out with the only hairdo that they know!! :killingme! At Michelangelo's you come out of there looking like every single girl that works there and it is not pretty! Scalped has been around for a long time! They were next to the courthouse in Upper Marlboro. Go relax have a glass of wine while you are there!!

Ok for those that has been going and do know names of the girls! WHO is the 7 foot lady that works there. OMG she is tall!!!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
cdsulhoff said:
I mean you got Scalped that caters to the high end clients!

That's not true. It's a little more pricey but it's a nice place and it offers many services. It's a very professional, yet friendly place.

WHO is the 7 foot lady that works there. OMG she is tall!!!

Margaret, the owner.

Last edited:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
That's not true. It's a little more pricey but it's a nice place and it offers many services. It's a very professional, yet friendly place.

Margaret, the owner.[/QUOT

Margaret I have heard great things about, the atmosphere is great, the peeps are nice,, but not all the stylists are up to par to demand the prices they do. I had ny hair done once there and I was impressed with the class of the place, but the stylist I had did not do the job I paid for.. I paid around $240 and it was not worth it. The girl however was very nice.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

Margaret, the owner.[/QUOT

Margaret I have heard great things about, the atmosphere is great, the peeps are nice,, but not all the stylists are up to par to demand the prices they do. I had ny hair done once there and I was impressed with the class of the place, but the stylist I had did not do the job I paid for.. I paid around $240 and it was not worth it. The girl however was very nice.

Did you tell them? After a few times when I went, I didn't like my hair cut..it wasn't short enough..I called and they told me to come in..they redid it for nothing. :yay:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
I was there on friday, got my hair all cut off love it. The girls there are so wonderful they saw me sitting there waiting for my color to set, so they set me up with a 30 minute massage. It was the best!

me123

i just recently went in Scalped and i mus say it was very friendly as soon as i walked in. They could tell i was very nervous and they were more then happy to walk me around and show me their services as well as where everything is taken place. Yes it is on the high end of prices but your money is used correctly. Its a nice relaxing environment and the woman i talked to said all the hairstylist need to do an apprenticship through Margaret before they go on the floor and doing peoples hair she said no matter how long they've been doing hair, i just recently moved to calvert so i can relate on changing hair places. The person i've been going to has been my hair stylist for 5 years and i love her but i need to go to a place that's not 20-30 min. out of my way. I'm doing a consultation on Friday to get ideas and meet with the girl who will be doing my hair. It's a comfortable atmosphere and i think you get what you pay!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I was there on friday, got my hair all cut off love it. The girls there are so wonderful they saw me sitting there waiting for my color to set, so they set me up with a 30 minute massage. It was the best!

They do things like that. If they are running behind or see you waiting, they will set you up with a hand massage/treatment or other little service. I can't say enough good things about the place. They really want you to enjoy your time there.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
They do things like that. If they are running behind or see you waiting, they will set you up with a hand massage/treatment or other little service. I can't say enough good things about the place. They really want you to enjoy your time there.
I tried to give you credit for telling me about the place, but since I didn't know your last name it wasn't helping me out any.

But I do the love the place. I love Erin, I can sit down close my eyes and she takes care of me

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member

I believe the gal that started the place - and brought some of the original "team" with her - used to work in a salon right off of rt. 4 :confused: I can't think of the name, but I saw a stylist there, JoAnn for a looong time.