scared the chicken poop outta me..

GregV814

several neighbors have chickens, ducks, assorted children. one family has a big coop. they serve as a good alarm clock in the morning, like it or not....
anyway, we've noted a hawk in our yard too and marveled at its beauty.

okay enough of that stuff..

anyway, my garage was open all day as I was doing lawn work, trash runs etc.... well, around 4:30 I went in the garage to grab a few tools and "skwalllllllkkkkk!!!!"
a big chicken on my tool bench. it wanted to fight! Totally startled me..

Turns out that hawk has been eating chicken daily. The neighbor said he found a plop of feathers in his yard and 5 birds missing..... well, now 4...

Circle of life. No, Im not a Country boy.

TPD

the poor dad
2 eagles flew over me while I was in the field today spreading fertilizer. I did not see any hawks or chickens, though I did find some bones from a dead animal. View my soon to be released YouTube video to see said bones.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Our neighborhood eagles like mud shad. Two of them were fighting over one last year in our canopy. They both disappeared, but the mud shad ended up fermenting in my front yard for several days before I found it. :dead:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I was *thisclose* to getting run over a pizza delivery dude on a bicycle this evening in downtown Norfolk. Oddly enough, my niece actually got it on video. 😂

Dakota

~~~~~~~
In Alaska, the eagles were making off with the lap dogs of the tourists. I heard they taste just like chicken.

I watch the eagle cams and it is amazing what they bring in... a cat, a huge fish out of somebody's pond.. I have a little 10ish lb. chorkie that I hover over outside when she uses the bathroom. I am so afraid of her getting snatched but as I posted in another thread, I have good reasons.

I watch the eagle cams and it is amazing what they bring in... a cat, a huge fish out of somebody's pond.. I have a little 10ish lb. chorkie that I hover over outside when she uses the bathroom. I am so afraid of her getting snatched but as I posted in another thread, I have good reasons.
We have eagles, hawks and horned owls.

So have bird netting over the entire fenced in yard area out mini schnauzers play in. Only way we can let them enjoy the outdoors.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
We have eagles, hawks and horned owls.

So have bird netting over the entire fenced in yard area out mini schnauzers play in. Only way we can let them enjoy the outdoors.
so scary and something I will keep as an idea. We are always on the lookout to see what is flying around. What I am grateful for, is she waits for her bigger sister to go out with her.