Schiavo Autopsy Shows Massive Brain Damage

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
The following is an excerpt from an Associated Press story in the YAHOO! news pages.

AP - 15 minutes ago

<!--summary-->LARGO, Fla. - An autopsy on Terri Schiavo backed her husband's contention that she was in a persistent vegetative state, finding that she had massive and irreversible brain damage and was blind, the medical examiner's office said Wednesday.

N

newtosomd

Railroad said:
The following is an excerpt from an Associated Press story in the YAHOO! news pages.

AP - 15 minutes ago

<!--summary-->LARGO, Fla. - An autopsy on Terri Schiavo backed her husband's contention that she was in a persistent vegetative state, finding that she had massive and irreversible brain damage and was blind, the medical examiner's office said Wednesday.

I feel so bad for this family! The media just turned their situation into a fiasco. For some reason, this article made me almost vomit. Seriously!

mAlice

professional daydreamer
newtosomd said:
I feel so bad for this family! The media just turned their situation into a fiasco. For some reason, this article made me almost vomit. Seriously!

:rolleyes:

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
I read that she was blind. How came in all the years listening to this subject, i dont remember ever hearing this? Did anyone else already know she was blind. Did I sleep through that part. I assume her family knew.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
baileydog said:
I read that she was blind. How came in all the years listening to this subject, i dont remember ever hearing this? Did anyone else already know she was blind. Did I sleep through that part. I assume her family knew.

Her family said she "looked at them" and her eyes would "follow them when they moved".

N

newtosomd

Not sure :shrug: Maybe it was because I was reading the article as I was having my lunch.

Mikeinsmd

newtosomd said:
I feel so bad for this family! The media AND HER FAMILY just turned their situation into a fiasco. For some reason, this article made me almost vomit. Seriously!
:fixed:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
newtosomd said:
Not sure :shrug: Maybe it was because I was reading the article as I was having my lunch.
Human dissection grosses you out? You might not fit in very well here.

N

newtosomd

RoseRed said:
Human dissection grosses you out? You might not fit in very well here.

Not that! It was the talk about her brain and the thought of doing an autopsy! A little edgy aren't we?

:love:

Christy

b*tch rocket
:offtopic: But since I have decided that I'm going to live forever, even if it means a feeding tube, I think everyone should leave me an inheritance, so when they finally have the technology to take my shriveled up brain, fix it, and put in in a nice 21 year old body, I'll be able to live like I've always wanted to. :yay:

Great idea huh? :diva: :wink:

Daddy_O

Big Wheelin'
if she was blind I don't think there would have been a way to tell do to her state. Thefact that she was blind also goes back to some of the doctors saying that her movements were just a motion. I also remember reading somewhere that some people felt the parents would move along to where she was looking, not that she was following

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Christy said:
:offtopic: But since I have decided that I going to live forever, even if it means a feeding tube, I think everyone should leave me an inheritance, so when they finally have the technology to take my shriveled up brain, fix it, and put in in a nice 21 year old body, I'll be able to live like I've always wanted to. :yay:

Great idea huh? :diva: :wink:

I'm spending all my money on me while I'm alive to enjoy it, TYVM.

Christy

b*tch rocket
elaine said:
I'm spending all my money on me while I'm alive to enjoy it, TYVM.
So am I, why ya think I'm looking for some extra hand-outs? :shrug:

And drats, you captured my typo. :tantrum

Mikeinsmd

Christy said:
:offtopic: But since I have decided that I'm going to live forever, even if it means a feeding tube, I think everyone should leave me an inheritance, so when they finally have the technology to take my shriveled up brain, fix it, and put in in a nice 21 year old body, I'll be able to live like I've always wanted to. :yay: Great idea huh? :diva: :wink:
Me thinks your mind is already starting to go.... :love: