School Closings for Tuesday, February 3

SuperGrover

jack of all trades
Re: Re: Re: Move North for a Better Education

Originally posted by kwillia
But that will just result in new arguements as to whether the kids should get out 1/2 days because of the heat...:banghead:

If the power or A/C goes down :dance:

Elle

Happy Camper!
Re: Re: Re: Move North for a Better Education

Originally posted by kwillia
But that will just result in new arguements as to whether the kids should get out 1/2 days because of the heat...:banghead:

I thought that when I typed it. Tyler only goes 1/2 day anyway. I thought they were working on getting A/C for all of the schools. I think that should be a priority since they are constantly harping on year long schooling.

Gunn317

I know a friend that is a teacher and she says that they don't get anything done on "makeup" days. They are just goof-off days for the students, try as she might.

We all know that the last couple weeks of school are just preperations for a summer vacation.

These school days off are just huge disruptions to the flow of daily school. Makeup days are worthless.

T.Rally

I've got a great idea. Why don't we raise everyone's taxes so that our State Highway Admin. can have a snow budget like that of Buffalo, NY? This way, no one will have to be inconvenienced by school closings and delays. Besides, everyone loves to pay taxes.

Last edited:
And the thing is, a lot of times here they don't even make up all the days they are supposed to. The school system whines to the government to try to get a special dispensation for not having to make up all the snow/hurricane days.

Last edited: