School Question

NurseSherri

Hi guys... I'm wondering when the schools in St Mary's post what classroom the students are in and where do I find that information? I've looked on the school sites but I don't see anything.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I've never accessed it before.

I must suck as a parent.

Not at all. If Bubba is doing well in school and his teachers keep in touch with you, there isn't much need. Bug's account started in K but went dormant for 2 years when she was in private school. It was reactivated with the same account and password when she went back to PS.

Restless

Hi guys... I'm wondering when the schools in St Mary's post what classroom the students are in and where do I find that information? I've looked on the school sites but I don't see anything.

Sherri, I would just call the school directly since your child is new to the school system. They will be happy to help you.

pebbles

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I believe they will not give HAC info over the phone, only in person. They usually have extra copies of schedules at the open house. We went once and left my daughter's schedule at home and picked one up at the school.

NurseSherri

Thank you everyone. I got an email yesterday saying a postcard with her class info will be on it by Monday... plus there is the open house so we can drop off all of the supplies.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Just got notification that CCPS is switching to the HAC system. No more PIV system.

Dear Parents,
This message is to inform parents that this year Calvert County Public Schools will be using a new online application called Home Access Center (HAC). This new portal will replace Pinnacle Internet Viewer (PIV). The Home Access Center will be accessed similarly to PIV and will allow parents and students to view assignments, grades, interims, report cards, and other helpful pieces of information.
Guardian letters containing details, credential information, and instructions for logging into the Home Access Center will be sent home with students next Wednesday, August 27th.

catlingirl

Just got notification that CCPS is switching to the HAC system. No more PIV system.

Dear Parents,
This message is to inform parents that this year Calvert County Public Schools will be using a new online application called Home Access Center (HAC). This new portal will replace Pinnacle Internet Viewer (PIV). The Home Access Center will be accessed similarly to PIV and will allow parents and students to view assignments, grades, interims, report cards, and other helpful pieces of information.
Guardian letters containing details, credential information, and instructions for logging into the Home Access Center will be sent home with students next Wednesday, August 27th.

I like the fact that we can keep track of absences(sp?) now. It makes it easier to know how many days they missed, especially if my kids decide to ditch school.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I like the fact that we can keep track of absences(sp?) now. It makes it easier to know how many days they missed, especially if my kids decide to ditch school.

LOL
If they are in high school that can be creative and it takes a while for it to catch up to them - but it does.
The routine is:
1. get on school bus
2. go to homeroom
3. at some point walk out of school and wait for friends to join you
4. return to school to take bus home

As kids we were alway told if the truant officer caught you on the street...

I think parents should be allowed to have access to the GPS location of their children's cell phone.
Hey, why fight the cell phone battle, use it to your advantage and track their movement :)

awpitt

Main Streeter
LOL
If they are in high school that can be creative and it takes a while for it to catch up to them - but it does.
The routine is:
1. get on school bus
2. go to homeroom
3. at some point walk out of school and wait for friends to join you
4. return to school to take bus home

As kids we were alway told if the truant officer caught you on the street...

I think parents should be allowed to have access to the GPS location of their children's cell phone.
Hey, why fight the cell phone battle, use it to your advantage and track their movement :)

In the HAC, each unlawful absence shows up as soon as the first teacher takes attendance and is recorded throughout the day for each class period. So even if a kid doesn't skip the whole day but just certain classes, parents can find out as it's occuring.

BernieP

Resident PIA
In the HAC, each unlawful absence shows up as soon as the first teacher takes attendance and is recorded throughout the day for each class period. So even if a kid doesn't skip the whole day but just certain classes, parents can find out as it's occuring.

Yep, but I will also tell you that when they first implemented HAC teachers did not update it all that often. Some teachers were very good at posting homework assignments, others didn't do it that often and then their were a few who simply didn't do it, they put the responsibility on the child.
Hopefully there is now uniformity in reporting.
I also don't recall seeing attendance

RPMDAD

I am very glad this technology and the Govt. oversight did not exist when i went to high school, p.s. graduated in 1970. My sister got caught skipping school one time back in the old days, school called my parents up for a meeting. dad went to meeting, school complained your daughter is is skipping days and classes. my father aka Pappasan was very concerned asked to see her school records, because all the ones she brought home said she was a 3.5 average student, thought she might have been altering them. School looked up the records and agreed she was indeed a 3.5 average student. Father looked at the principal and said gee, you think you are challenging her enough, how can she skip all these days and still pull a 3.5 average. Sister got in some trouble but it wasn't really bad, other than promising to quit skipping school and a couple days days of restriction. PS she was smarter than me. I just never got caught skipping.

Last edited: