Schools closed

T

Tammyscreations

Sorry, Did not mean to type large .. It's just what the settings were on.. I was just asking. Thanks alot.. Didn't mean to yell, again I am sorry

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Tammyscreations
Sorry, Did not mean to type large .. It's just what the settings were on.. I was just asking. Thanks alot.. Didn't mean to yell, again I am sorry
That's okay. Only playing. :biggrin:

T

Tammyscreations

May I ask, why you think they will be closed? Are you a bus driver? Or someone to do with school? I am just wondering what to plan like everyone else. Thanks for your replies:wink:

Gunn317

Originally posted by Kain99
Really? Then can you please explain the Bus turned over on it's side on Rt. 234? :rolleyes:

The kids are all ok....

First, there were no kids on the bus...so of course the kids were ok. :rolleyes:

And yes, I can explain the bus on the side of the road. Driver error...going too fast, using the brakes around a corner, braking too late, not pumping the brakes to stop, etc.

Let's get something straight. If you slide on a snow-covered road such as the ones we had on Wednesday...YOU are doing something wrong. ie:

1) Don't put your brakes on once you're half way around a corner in the road and realize its snow covered. Asking for trouble. Use your brakes to slow down on the straightaway before you enter the turn.

2) Before you approach that intersection with cars passing by, give a quick test of the road conditions. Apply your brakes gently but steadily. See if they'll hold up to a normal stop, or if you'll need more distance.

3) I'm sure everyone knows about pumping brakes on non-ABS vehicles...?

Let me share a little test I do each time I hit the roads in the morning. I'll pull out onto my little backroad, get up to what I think is a comfortable speed for the conditions and then apply the brakes. Gently and every increasing, I'll see if I can reach the way I normally brake. Whether I can or not gives me an indication of the road conditions under wheel.

I hope some of these ideas help...I am trying to help people after all..and get our kids back to school! I would certainly think bus drivers would be even more well-versed in these what-to-do-if scenarios...

Oh Smalltown, and yes I do own a 4x4 truck and yes, you are probably one of the people that gets irritated by me because I want to get by. That's because you are driving ridiculously slow, and not following the suggestions above! I have another suggestion for you too....please move over and let that line of cars behind you go free. Why should we be slaved to your ineptness, just as you are not slaved to driving my speed? Thank you.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by Gunn317

Oh Smalltown, and yes I do own a 4x4 truck and yes, you are probably one of the people that gets irritated by me because I want to get by. That's because you are driving ridiculously slow, and not following the suggestions above! I have another suggestion for you too....please move over and let that line of cars behind you go free. Why should we be slaved to your ineptness, just as you are not slaved to driving my speed? Thank you.

Difference betweem driving slow and being safe.

I don't mind letting you by. I enjoying seeing the 4x4s in the ditch. Funny how most of the stranded vehicles I see are 4x4s.

4 wheel drive or not, nothing performs well when it gets on ice. No matter how much of a "professional" driver you think you are. And just because there is no ice on one little stretch of road you test doesn't mean there isn't any elsewhere. Difference in elevation(not a concern here), amount of light hitting an area, amount of wind hitting an area, amount of traffic, etc can affect how slick a road is.

SxyPrincess

I do own a 4x4 truck and yes, you are probably one of the people that gets irritated by me because I want to get by. That's because you are driving ridiculously slow, and not following the suggestions above!
I am a horrible speeder however, if road conditions are bad, I will slow my azz down. It's dumbazz drivers (such as above) who zip and speed around when it's raining or snowing that get on my effen nerves.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
I am a horrible speeder however, if road conditions are bad, I will slow my azz down. It's dumbazz drivers (such as above) who zip and speed around when it's raining or snowing that get on my effen nerves.

THANK YOU :clap: That is what I am talking about. ITs called common sense. As well of us most know...but obviously..with some drivers it takes a back seat:rolleyes:

K

Kimmy

This has got to be the most childish remark that I have heard yet. Let me just give you some advice. If there is ice on the road there is not one single vechicle good on it. I don't care if you have a 4x4. People like you that drive a 4x4 think, " Oh I can go as fast as I can" and jeopordize other lives that are trying to use caution.

I look at it this way. Where ever I have to go it ain't going anywhere so what is the hurry. It will be there when I get there.

Kismet

You know, Kimmy, youre kind of right. :)

Hey, Im all for snowmobiling right about now. Ice or snow, you'll get there faster, and safer than being on the icy road........:wink:

K

Kimmy

I would love to have a snowmobile. Just don't get enought snow around here to get one.

S

ShellyCW

The only thing worse than getting snow is everybody jawing about it non-stop at work, on TV, radio and elsewhere. :bonk: :wink:

T

Tammyscreations

I guess eveyone knows that the school's have a 2 hour delay tomorrow as already scheduled.. But What I don't get is that Thursday the roads were ok, and school was out, but it has sleeted to beat the ban today and it's icey, and there is school tomorrow. I just don't understand the way the school's think

And to address the bus driver issue, I am glad that everyone was ok, and that there were no kids on the bus, Glad your ok. :)

It's hard to drive when its slick, and people are on your butt. They get rude especially behind buses. You just take your time, and do what you think is best for you, and the kids on the bus.Your doing a good job.. :) Just drive safe. Thanks so much for the tips.

:smile: :biggrin: :wink: :rolleyes: :cheesy: I think all the smiles are cute. :)

K

Kain99

First, there were no kids on the bus...so of course the kids were ok. :rolleyes:

I think your talking about one of the other three (minor) Bus accidents in St. Marys County yesterday! My daughter was on that Bus, so before you log on and attempt to make a ridiculous point, get your facts straight! :burning:

dum_blonde

sigh mcsigh

Is anybody keeping track, because I'd like to know how many school days St. Mary's has had off this year. It only makes sense that the record-breaking snow comes after the year I graduate. And it also makes sense that I end up somewhere where we had school the day after a freaking blizzard... :boo:

My estimate is 3,542 days off.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Hey Gunn317

Go read the thread called "Next Enchanted Evening". It specifically talked to drivers with 4-wheel drive, who like to go out in the snow... :wink: I think it might help you understand the issues you are ailing when we are telling your crazy hiney to slow down.
:bubble:

OH, and Dum Blonde, it always works out that way with the snow. :lol: Dont feel bad..that is the same thing that happened to me. :lol:

Last edited: