School's of Photography

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Girl has expressed interest in photography (she has a good eye for it) so I thought I would do a bit of research in case she decides to go that route for College, although, that it is still years away. Any suggestions in MD/VA?

TIA!

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Girl has expressed interest in photography (she has a good eye for it) so I thought I would do a bit of research in case she decides to go that route for College, although, that it is still years away. Any suggestions in MD/VA?

TIA!

Daughter went to University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC):
B.F.A. Visual Arts, Photography
Art History Minor

RIT, Rochester, NY. My brother and nephew both went there, known for photography. Yeah, I know it's not local....

corollinout

I'm not sure where you are located but if she's got a little bit before schooling. You could check out the Calvert Photography Club if you want to see if it's something she would be interested in pursuing. There are monthly meetings that teach techniques, and assignments to try those techniques, monthly "field trips" where the skills learned can be used, and they are doing a workshop for beginners. One of the members graduated college and sends out emails with tips and tricks for the trips usually before. The club welcomes all ages. I believe there is one in Charles county as well.

Calvert Photography Club - Raising the standard of photographic excellence in the Calvert County

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'm not sure where you are located but if she's got a little bit before schooling. You could check out the Calvert Photography Club if you want to see if it's something she would be interested in pursuing. There are monthly meetings that teach techniques, and assignments to try those techniques, monthly "field trips" where the skills learned can be used, and they are doing a workshop for beginners. One of the members graduated college and sends out emails with tips and tricks for the trips usually before. The club welcomes all ages. I believe there is one in Charles county as well.

Calvert Photography Club - Raising the standard of photographic excellence in the Calvert County

Thanks!