Scientists Predict When World Will End

Toxick

Splat
There's supposed to be a solar storm in 2012, you know?

Is that what it is?

I thought that was the year the earth crosses the galaxy's ecliptical plane - throwing our magnetic poles into chaos, which, in turn, will cause massive earthquakes, catastrophic weather, tsunami, famine, drought, disease, locusts, brimstone, and generally casting everything into a state of pure pandamonium.

Personally, I find the described pandamonium preferable to a solar storm - because frankly, interference on my digital TV or unreliable GPS data for a few months is simply unacceptable.

W

White Buddah

Is that what it is?

I thought that was the year the earth crosses the galaxy's ecliptical plane - throwing our magnetic poles into chaos, which, in turn, will cause massive earthquakes, catastrophic weather, tsunami, famine, drought, disease, locusts, brimstone, and generally casting everything into a state of pure pandamonium.

Personally, I find the described pandamonium preferable to a solar storm - because frankly, interference on my digital TV or unreliable GPS data for a few months is simply unacceptable.
It's also going to be lined up with the sun and our galaxies black hole. The Myan calandar also ends on 21 Dec 12.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndyMarquisLIVE

Is that what it is?

IF, though it rarely happens, the solar storm affects power, it'll affect everything. Try no heat in 5° weather and no electricity for more than a few months.

NYC has a plan to cut off power to the entire city to save the power grids. Everybody else would rather lose the power grids instead of make an error on the side of caution and cut power for 10 minutes.

AndyMarquisLIVE

Googling now, the solar storm of 2012 is going to be that bad.

The solar storm is expected to be at it's peak on, you guessed it, Decenber 21, 2012.

Last edited:

AndyMarquisLIVE

Okay, it's supposed to peak in mid 2012.

The solar storm, by the way, starts this year. :jameo:

Milk :jameo: Bread: jameo: Toilet Paper :jameo: Milk :jameo: Bread :jameo: Toilet Paper :jameo: Milk :jameo: Bread :jameo: Toilet Paper :jameo:

AndyMarquisLIVE

What if?

2012 Blog: The Calendar Ends Because It Has To?

If there was to be a pole shift, or some kind of disturbance within the Solar System, then the Long Count calendar, which the ancient Mayans used for such things as predicting eclipses, would no longer be accurate. Even if our day was suddenly only 2 minutes longer, or if the orbit of our moon was affected, the calendar would lose its accuracy!

So I'm thinking that current calendar ends on the winter solstice, not because of a catastrophe that will happen precisely at 11:11 GMT (they weren't that clever), but because that is the final important event that the calendar can accurately predict.

The event that changes how we see the sky will happen sometime between Dec 21 2012, and the next important event they would keep track of. That event would most likely be an eclipse, an equinox, or a solstice.