Scored a nice short block assembly

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
533 cubic inches of Ford badness. Probably put it in my '78 Bronco. Or a boat. Not sure yet...
Was too good of a deal to pass on it.

BBF.jpg

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
No!!! Don't do it!!!
Look, I am a shade tree mechanic with some rusty Chinese metric screwdrivers and a J.C.Whitney catalogue.

Let's buy a 4 door 1963 Catalina, some rust, (like the Restorable Rescue guy and Roadkill guys) and make a Southern Maryland racecar!!!

My wife's nephew has an old shoulder held VHS recorder and like 3 blank tapes..I know a guy with a tobacca shed and poor lighting, a guy that owns a hardware store and a few 45 year old women that can pretend to be our tattooed girlfrens and even make a few commercials from sponsors for...

"GILLIGANS GARAGE" YEAH on Hot Rod TeeVee!!!!
I highly suggest the first sponsors be Corona, followed by Afflack.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Short block specifications:

533"(internal balanced), 1979(D9TE) truck block bored to .080 over stock, 4.300 Scat 9000 series crank, Eagle H-beam forged steel rods with ARP 2000 bolts and SRP forged pistons. Also has a main support girdle w/ARP main cap bolts and windage tray. Comes with a Kasse modified oil pump w/ARP oil pump shaft, Cometic muti-layer head gaskets, intake gaskets, timing cover gaskets, double roller timing chain and gearset( cam gear drilled for double pinned camshaft), professional products neutral balanced harmonic balancer and ATI timing pointer.

Would have been 800-900HP engine if completed for its originally intended use in a Mustang drag car. I'm finishing it out as a truck engine, to roughly 450HP and 550 ft-lbs of torque.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Short block specifications:

533"(internal balanced), 1979(D9TE) truck block bored to .080 over stock, 4.300 Scat 9000 series crank, Eagle H-beam forged steel rods with ARP 2000 bolts and SRP forged pistons. Also has a main support girdle w/ARP main cap bolts and windage tray. Comes with a Kasse modified oil pump w/ARP oil pump shaft, Cometic muti-layer head gaskets, intake gaskets, timing cover gaskets, double roller timing chain and gearset( cam gear drilled for double pinned camshaft), professional products neutral balanced harmonic balancer and ATI timing pointer.

Would have been 800-900HP engine if completed for its originally intended use in a Mustang drag car. I'm finishing it out as a truck engine, to roughly 450HP and 550 ft-lbs of torque.

What kind of tranny, and diff, will it hook up to to handle all that torque? Doing anything special to the heads?

Blister

Is it that tranny in the corner?
Tranny is no longer an acceptable term.

From TheGenderBook.com
Language to Avoid:
Don’t Say: Transgendered. It is grammatically incorrect and shouldn’t be used.
Don’t Say: Offensive words like tranny, transvestite, she-male, he/she, lady man,
shim, “it,” or transsexual*.
(*If someone identifies as a transsexual to you, this is the appropriate term to use.
If they do not use this term, you should not use it either.)
Nonbinary Identities
The trans community is incredibly diverse. Some trans people identify as trans men or trans
women. Others may see themselves as a combination of genders, or they exist outside of the
male/female binary. These people describe themselves as nonbinary, genderqueer, gender
non-conforming, agender, bigender and other identities that reflect their personal experience.
People who identify as nonbinary may or may not also identify as transgender.

It's getting re-Goddamn-diculous.

black dog

Free America
Piss off, Chevy boy. :razz:
LOL. I had dinner meeting tonight at a industrial rest/bar in Downtown Muncie just off Walnut a few blocks.
I had a darn good burger and fries, she got the little filet mignon. Both were cooked to order.
Live music on tues nights. A few reasonably quiet rooms off to the side. My burger was better that what I've had at Amazing Joe's.
And not a busy or loud.

buddscreek

LOL. I had dinner meeting tonight at a industrial rest/bar in Downtown Muncie just off Walnut a few blocks.
I had a darn good burger and fries, she got the little filet mignon. Both were cooked to order.
Live music on tues nights. A few reasonably quiet rooms off to the side. My burger was better that what I've had at Amazing Joe's.
And not a busy or loud.
you move away and forget everything we taught you about ford superiority... shame on you

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I seem to remember Gill talking about retiring and moving. Gonna be one heck of a moving bill for all the toys and stuff he has all over the place, and he keeps acquiring more!

Movers are going to charge hazard fees, especially when they have to load the fleet of rusty trailers.

:lol: