Scott Peterson Sentenced To Death

dems4me said:
... there's just too many idiots populating the world now for that NOT to happen.. :ohwell:
:yeahthat:... they are everywhere.

I still have issue with the fact OJ is walking around a free man. "ohwell:

D

dems4me

kwillia said:

me too... but yet Martha gets locked up to set an example for the celebreties... :killingme

D

dems4me

kwillia said:

In retrospect, its a good thing that Peterson's case didn't involve, a glove, blood/dna, two dead bodies, a foot print and a barking dog... he'd been a lot worse off... :roflmao:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
kwillia said:

:yeahthat: In the O.J. trial they proved that Nicole and Ron were murdered yet the jock walked.

The Laci Peterson death wasn't even proven to be a murder yet Scott gets the needle. I wonder if this is reverse discrimination at the extreme.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It's called 'jury nullification'

...which you ca nequate to a 'Robin Hood' rule.

Our jury system, somebody correct me if I've got it wrong, was philosophically intended to allow for the guilty to go free in defiance of the evidence if the jury of peers felt like it.

The goal was a further check on the power of the state and the intention was that the peers could let a good guy off the hook.

Of course, that's what the Dream Team played for and got.

Allan Dershowitz, a Dream Teamer, spends alot of time running around blaming the prosecution for failing to gain a conviction.

He does it because he knows damn well OJ murdered Ron and Nicole and he's embarrassed at what he, they, got away with.