Scrapbooking is racist, and other hilarious claims

Hijinx

While we find this hilarious, there are people who believe this.
Many people including myself feel Joe Biden is probably the worst President in the history of America, but what is in the background is the Presidency of Hussein Obama who no doubt ruined whatever strides were made for racial peace . Since Obama everything has been about race.
DEI is only a broadening of affirmative Action to every industry in the nation.

Reactions: BOP

BOP

I couldn't even with that article. I got about halfway through when I posited to myself the following: what if sports and recreation started having turf wars and being taken over by gangs. Drive-by shootings in cross-country skiing? You can only buy knitting supplies from the local connecto over on MLK Blvd? Chess - only black can make the first move, and white winning is declared white supremacist colonialism, and therefore disqualified to make up for centuries of racial oppression?

SamSpade

I couldn't even with that article. I got about halfway through when I posited to myself the following: what if sports and recreation started having turf wars and being taken over by gangs. Drive-by shootings in cross-country skiing? You can only buy knitting supplies from the local connecto over on MLK Blvd? Chess - only black can make the first move, and white winning is declared white supremacist colonialism, and therefore disqualified to make up for centuries of racial oppression?
I'm guessing to make chess not racist, all of the pieces are black and both sides go at the same time.
Since all of the pieces are the same color, don't bother figuring out whose is whose, since all pieces can be taken.

In truth - while for hundreds of years, chess pieces were RED and BLACK - like checkers - and became standardized in the 18th century - the practice of who goes first has changed - a lot. At one point, the PLAYER was chosen to go first, and he simply picked a color.

And the father of all modern chess-like games - chaturanga - can be yellow and green or other colors - but the easiest way to make sure people knew which piece was theirs was to make the colors VASTLY different - and light versus dark colors were always the pattern.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
IMG_0399.png

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I never imagined I'm a racist, but its true.... I save pictures of my family.... theyre all white people!!! MY ALBUMS are white people! My father during WWII with his grandmother!!!! White!!!
My family!!!! WHITE people!!!!
My grandmother was super white from Norway!

BOP

I'm guessing to make chess not racist, all of the pieces are black and both sides go at the same time.
Since all of the pieces are the same color, don't bother figuring out whose is whose, since all pieces can be taken.

In truth - while for hundreds of years, chess pieces were RED and BLACK - like checkers - and became standardized in the 18th century - the practice of who goes first has changed - a lot. At one point, the PLAYER was chosen to go first, and he simply picked a color.

And the father of all modern chess-like games - chaturanga - can be yellow and green or other colors - but the easiest way to make sure people knew which piece was theirs was to make the colors VASTLY different - and light versus dark colors were always the pattern.
I haven't played chess in centuries, but I remember choosing who went first.