Scuba Diving

High EGT

Gort! Klaatu barada nikto
Got the scuba bug a couple weeks ago with my first experience in the East Carribean. Anybody knowledgeable of schools and outfitters in the area?

qbee

Sea Dive in Solomons is the best place! They know everything you would ever need and want to know/buy for scuba diving...

p.s. my dad is an instructor there :starcat:

qbee

aps45819 said:
Since they're the ONLY place in the area, that also makes them the worst place :lol:

Not really... Depends on where you live. There are two on the way to Annapolis (rt 4)

Mike (the owner) just knows his stuff and since he has a huge passion for diving it really shows through his work.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
High EGT said:
Got the scuba bug a couple weeks ago with my first experience in the East Carribean. Anybody knowledgeable of schools and outfitters in the area?
Diving in the Carribean you've already been ruined..

Nothing around here will come even close..

slomo

High EGT said:

Divers Source at the 2/4 split heading towards Annapolis is good.

I took thier Open Water course with them through Pax River MWR in the pool on the base. Very well done and cheap. I also boutht my gear from them, but I regret not shopping around or buying from the place in Solomans because making a return was near impossible because its inconviently far away. Do the open water dives at a location (I picked Jamaica!). Diver Source takes you to a cold and dark quarry in PA. Jamaica costed ~$200 per person for the 4 open water dives, incl gear.

Anyway here's thier blurb at Pax MWR:
Scuba Classes-Try a free session of Discovery Scuba on Sept. 9 from 1-3 p.m. Students must be 10 years of age and complete a medical questionnaire for Discovery Scuba. Open Water Scuba is Sept. 8 and 9 from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. The fee is $150. Advanced Open Water Scuba is Sept. 12 from 6-8 p.m. The fee is $80. Classes are held in the Indoor Pool. Register at the ITT Office. For more information visit www.diverssource.com or call (301) 342-3648.

You can likely get guest access to the base if you call Divers Source! Can't hurt to try. :howdy:

High EGT

Gort! Klaatu barada nikto
slomo said:
Divers Source at the 2/4 split heading towards Annapolis is good.

I took thier Open Water course with them through Pax River MWR in the pool on the base. Very well done and cheap. I also boutht my gear from them, but I regret not shopping around or buying from the place in Solomans because making a return was near impossible because its inconviently far away. Do the open water dives at a location (I picked Jamaica!). Diver Source takes you to a cold and dark quarry in PA. Jamaica costed ~$200 per person for the 4 open water dives, incl gear.

Anyway here's thier blurb at Pax MWR:
Scuba Classes-Try a free session of Discovery Scuba on Sept. 9 from 1-3 p.m. Students must be 10 years of age and complete a medical questionnaire for Discovery Scuba. Open Water Scuba is Sept. 8 and 9 from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. The fee is $150. Advanced Open Water Scuba is Sept. 12 from 6-8 p.m. The fee is $80. Classes are held in the Indoor Pool. Register at the ITT Office. For more information visit www.diverssource.com or call (301) 342-3648.

You can likely get guest access to the base if you call Divers Source! Can't hurt to try. :howdy:

Thanks for the feedback. I know there's no comparison between our local H2O holes and the Carribean but still worth the experience. So happens I live near Solomons so I'll be checking out Sea Dive. Again Thanks....