Seattle Head Tax

b23hqb

Active Member
PREMO Member
Seattle is now moving to repeal the head tax
At this point with regressive progressive leftist governments and the mess they leave their cities and states in, it's difficult to even give a crap if you don't live there. They have made the bed they now have to live in.
 

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Jeff Bezos should follow Franco Beretta's lead and make a public statement that Seattle always seems to be a problem. And buy land elsewhere in a State that would appreciate the taxes he and his employees pay.
South East states will score again..
 

itsbob

I bowl overhand
One commenter asked if the businesses against the head tax realize it’s only for businesses “making over $20 million?”
Today, that's the law today.. until they realize they aren't getting the revenue they thought they would... then it will drop to 10M.. then 5.. then 2.. then every business in Seattle within 10 years will be paying it.
 

PeoplesElbow

Well-Known Member
The Left’s War Against Prosperity in Seattle



The labor group Working Washington called for criminal prosecution of businesses that threaten to leave the city. They argued that this constituted an illegal threat against public officials, a felony.

:shocking:

As libertarian law professor Eugene Volokh noted, such an expansive view of the law would also criminalize activities such as union strikes and boycotts.

This method of intimidating businesses into accepting predatory government action may not have been well considered, but it does reveal the impulses of the hard left.

If you aren’t willing to accept the left’s measures willingly, you will be forced to accept them through punitive government action. There will be no escape.

This is hardly the first Seattle policy to take aim at businesses.

In 2015, Seattle increased its minimum wage to $15 an hour, which, according to one study, decreased employment and hurt low-income workers.
LoL, they shouldn't threaten then, they should just leave with no notice or anything.
 

glhs837

Power with Control
Today, that's the law today.. until they realize they aren't getting the revenue they thought they would... then it will drop to 10M.. then 5.. then 2.. then every business in Seattle within 10 years will be paying it.
Yep, camels nose under the tent time. Which part of "DONT EAT THAT GOOSE THAT LAYS GOLDEN EGGS" isnt sinking in with these people?
 

BOP

Well-Known Member
Today, that's the law today.. until they realize they aren't getting the revenue they thought they would... then it will drop to 10M.. then 5.. then 2.. then every business in Seattle within 10 years will be paying it.
And that 75 percent that allegedly goes to housing for the homeless actually goes to administering the planning, codification and oversight of the building of that housing. Very little of that will actually pay for the materials and labor. The other 25 percent will go directly into the city council's coffers.
 
Top