Selective Service Registration

Who should be required to register with the SSS?

• All citizens upon reaching age 18

Votes: 31 73.8%
  • Male citizens upon reaching age 18

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Female citizens upon reaching age 18

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • No one should have to register

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

awpitt

Main Streeter
Everyone 18 and over. I think it would do young people well to be in the military.

The question was about registering for the draft, not actaully being drafted.

I do agree with you that military service is a good for young people.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
only females should have to register. If they want equal rights they have to pick up the slack for all the years they didn;t have to register.

Vince

it would also reduce the number of kids going on to college.

The question was about registering for the draft, not actaully being drafted.
I do agree with you that military service is a good for young people.
:yeahthat: Even if they started the draft, as they had when I was young, you wouldn't get drafted if you were in college. Now if you dropped out of college, you got a letter in the mail very quickly because the college notified the draft board that you were now eligible.

Clem_Shady

Another broken Government program.

They sent me a letter stating I was in violation of not registering while I was on active duty in the military.

Go figure.

:killingme

UNA

only females should have to register. If they want equal rights they have to pick up the slack for all the years they didn;t have to register.

you HAVE to be kidding

I don't think anyone should have to register, sry...constitutional-ist here :evil:

dave1959

I think everyone should be required to register and serv. Even if is a minimal term (2-3 years).
Lets take it one step further and just automaticly sign up when you apply for a SSN#, then its done, no getting around it and everything is equal.

RPMDAD

You were the guy on the chivalry is dead thread weren't you.

garyt27

INAFJ
would or should we substitute Police officers or fire fighters as serving our country? what about civil servants? You cant have the draft because then rich kids might have to serve.:1bdz:

limblips

PREMO Member
Thanks all for posting. My purpose was to gauge the feelings on the issue before I write to my congressmen about it. I feel it is an injustice to not provide federal loans for males that have not registered with the SSS yet females get the loans without registering. It also (IMO) crosses the line of federal anti-discrimination laws. I will now begin my letter........ Dear Moron, oops, Dear Congresstupid, dammit, Dear Elected Unofficial....

dontknowwhy

I agree!! How have the feminists in this country allowed this travesty to go on for so long!! I say they need to get out there & fight for the equality of the draft!! until this policy is changed....they're inferior to men..

Pete

Repete
Selective service should be abolished. It serves no purpose other than to waste taxpayer money. We will never again draft. We do not need to register for something that will never happen.

A couple of billion dollars a year goes into the administration of a program that is not needed. When I am president it will be gone.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Selective service should be abolished. It serves no purpose other than to waste taxpayer money. We will never again draft. We do not need to register for something that will never happen.

A couple of billion dollars a year goes into the administration of a program that is not needed. When I am president it will be gone.

I agree with you that we shouldn't be registering people for something that isn't going to happen but do we know, for sure, that their will never ever be another draft?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I agree with you that we shouldn't be registering people for something that isn't going to happen but do we know, for sure, that their will never ever be another draft?

Why draft, just call forth the reserve militia.