Selective Service Registration

Who should be required to register with the SSS?

• All citizens upon reaching age 18

Votes: 31 73.8%
  • Male citizens upon reaching age 18

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Female citizens upon reaching age 18

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • No one should have to register

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pete

Repete
I agree with you that we shouldn't be registering people for something that isn't going to happen but do we know, for sure, that their will never ever be another draft?

Like Ken said, we have reserve and guard units for that exact purpose. If we get into a bona fide shooting war that depletes our forces to that extent we are doomed anyway. This is not WWII or Vietnam where you give them a crash course in point and shoot. To train someone to run a tank, man a station on an Aegis Cruiser or push the button on a fully automated field artillery piece takes months.

Besides IF we did get into a conventional war of attrition they could stand up a selective service and import the data from any of the thousands of other data bases the government has to draft 18+ year old people.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Like Ken said, we have reserve and guard units for that exact purpose. If we get into a bona fide shooting war that depletes our forces to that extent we are doomed anyway. This is not WWII or Vietnam where you give them a crash course in point and shoot. To train someone to run a tank, man a station on an Aegis Cruiser or push the button on a fully automated field artillery piece takes months.

Besides IF we did get into a conventional war of attrition they could stand up a selective service and import the data from any of the thousands of other data bases the government has to draft 18+ year old people.

Actually there are two classes for the reserve militia; organized and unorganized. The organized consists of the trained reserves and guard units while the unorganized are all able bodied males between 17 and 45 (with certain persons excepted). In time of need and the militia is called up the organized could go straight to war and the unorganized would go straight to training to prepare for war. Again, no need to draft whatsoever.

Xbox360

Major Nelson is my hero
If they drafted me I think I would be pretty good at flying the predator drones on surveillance or bombing runs. I have experience with all kinds of flight simulators on xbox and computer.