Senators or Orioles?

Birds or Pols? (multi choice for the fun of it)

• Orioles for Life!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Senators! About effing time!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I hate birds

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • ...and politicians

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Can't I like both?

• No

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • If not for Angelos...

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • ...watch that freak end up owner of the Nats too!

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Minor leages; eff the big boys

• I don't know what this poll is about

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Penn said:
I only root for one team - the Yankees! :cheers: But heck, where would the Nationals be without Nick Johnson(lemme see, who did he used to play for?) :lol:
And I supposed all the Yankees :barf: were homegrown and didn't come from other teams? Mussina...hmm...that name sounds familiar. :whistle:

I love the O's first and foremost, then the Red Sox. I've been following the Nationals too and like what they're doing. :yay:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
jazz lady said:
And I supposed all the Yankees :barf: were homegrown and didn't come from other teams? Mussina...hmm...that name sounds familiar. :whistle:

:yeahthat:

Randy Johnson?

A-Rod?

Giambi?

Sheffield?

But this was a poll about the Nationals and O's...

Daddy_O

Big Wheelin'
Mets fan here, and the Nats are in the same division. Nothing against the O's, but chose the mets growing up (sadly, I am from D.C.)

J

JWB_CWB

rraley said:
I love both of them...I definitely got a better baseball feeling at RFK than at Camden Yards...it seems like National fans are fans because they genuinely love their team and their city while at an O's game it seems like the fans are there because they either a) like the opposing team, b) feel obligated because their father liked them, or c) wanna go to the cool place in town and hook up with someone before going out to the bars...Still gotta hold some loyalty though for the team that I've loved since birth.

Truely love their team? They've been there 3 months! Let me tell you something if they had got off to a start that is typical of the transplanted Expos you would see empty seats and little intrest. I am from SoMD and I love the O's and the Redskins , those are the teams I grew up on. As far as Angelos goes yeah he is a POS but I liked the O's before him and I'll like them after him.

I worked in Baltimore for a while back when the Ravens were winning and it use to piss me off to no end the Bandwagon fans I would see. All of a sudden everyone is a Ravens fan and is flying those gay purple flags out their windows. So I hope the Nationals do good, hell they can win the National league for all I care D.C. deserves it but I am in no way gonna switch teams just cause there is a new one in town, that doesn't show much loyalty.

Last edited by a moderator:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I went to the Nats game today. I had a great time. The fans were into the game, loud and enthusiastic and the place was pretty full. I was at the last Senators' game. I have a lot of nostalgia about RFK, working there myself for many years as did many of my family members. It felt so good to be there actually watching a baseball team like I did so many times with my dad. When the game was over, the ovation for the team was terrific and I have to admit, I was a little misty-eyed, remembering the fun times I used to have at the ballgames so long ago.

I don't consider myself a bandwagon Nats fan. I love all sports and it was natural for me to root for the O's when the Senators left. But I always hoped DC would get another baseball team. I was in heaven today.