Sept. 10th Debate

SamSpade

It's going to be a train wreck of TV but most people will form their own positive experience from it.

Trump will keep his cool but rather than demonstrate his vast knowledge of foreign policy or draw from his experiences and show he knows what he's talking about, he's going to brag a lot, give vague superlatives and find ways to belittle Kamala.

For her part, she's been coached with facts and figures, and will try to insert them into questions that have no bearing on the data she's memorized, because she learned all this crap and by God, she needs people to see how smart she is. She's going to stumble a lot, but the moderators will give her an out. AND she will find a way to talk over Trump, even when it's his turn.

Trump will have the perfect opportunity to say something fantastically brilliant - like what the heck have you actually been paid to do for four years? - but he will waste it.

Personally - it would be great if he turns out to be so gracious and charming to Kamala, that he makes her look shrewish - and take the opportunity to show he's almost a FOOT TALLER than her.

herb749

If she replies, I was hoping you'd ask that question, you'll know she got the questions before hand.

She'll slip up and people will know.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Maybe she'll short circuit and start throwing out random non sequitur accusations like Joe Biden did.

"Liar! *zzt* Felon! *zztzzt* Rapist! *zzt* Suckers and losers!"

African Queen Girl GIF by Spaceshipboi

stgislander

PREMO Member
Trump will keep his cool but rather than demonstrate his vast knowledge of foreign policy or draw from his experiences and show he knows what he's talking about, he's going to brag a lot, give vague superlatives and find ways to belittle Kamala.
This is my hope and fear. Pundits say that Trump just needs to be 'Trump'. I say that Trump needs to show he can be something else if needed.

SamSpade

This is my hope and fear. Pundits say that Trump just needs to be 'Trump'. I say that Trump needs to show he can be something else if needed.
See, I've seen him in venues where he talks at length about things, and he's no slouch. He just prefers to be the showman, and a lot of people think that's ALL he is.

stgislander

PREMO Member
See, I've seen him in venues where he talks at length about things, and he's no slouch. He just prefers to be the showman, and a lot of people think that's ALL he is.
I would like to see the Trump that spoke to the Economic Club of NY tonight.

StmarysCity79

Trump is a 78 year old man who rambles about Hannibal Lector and you guys cheer.

You wouldn't understand a policy position if it grabbed up by the pus**

This was Trump's response to a question about child care:

When asked Thursday if he could commit to prioritizing legislation to make child care affordable and, if so, what the specific piece of legislation would be, his response was rambling. We transcribed it and are sharing it verbatim:

“Well I would do that, and we’re sitting down, and you know I was somebody — we had Senator Marco Rubio and my daughter Ivanka was so impactful on that issue. It’s a very important issue. But I think when you talk about the kind of numbers that I’m talking about — that because — the — child care is child care, couldn’t, you know, it’s something, you have to have it, in this country you have to have it. But when you talk about those numbers compared to the kind of numbers that I’m talking about by taxing foreign nations at levels that they’re not used to but they’ll get used to it very quickly — and it’s not going to stop them from doing business with us, but they’ll have a very substantial tax when they send product into our country. Those numbers are so much bigger than any numbers that we’re talking about including child care that it’s going to take care — we’re gonna have, I look forward to having no deficits within a fairly short period of time. Coupled with the reductions that I told you about on waste and fraud and all of the other things that are going on in our country because I have to stay with child care, I want to stay with child care — but those numbers are small relative to the kind of economic numbers that I’m talking about, including growth, but growth also headed up by what the plan is that I just, that I just told you about. We’re going to be taking in trillions of dollars and as much as child care is talked about as being expensive, it’s relatively speaking not very expensive compared to the kinds of numbers we’ll be taking in. We’re going to make this into an incredible country that can afford to take care of its people. And then we’ll worry about the rest of the world. Let’s help other people. But we are going to take care of our country first. This is about America first. It’s about make America great again. We have to do it because right now we are a failing nation. So we’ll take care of it.”

stgislander

PREMO Member
For entertainment purposes, instead of watching the debate I'll watch Dan Bongino's live stream tonight on Rumble instead. I think Roku has a Rumble app for my TV.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Thing1 is sitting waiting on the Debate with me. :lmao: He typically doesn't stay up late, as he is a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry early riser, and he's a creature of habit - going to bed early. I still don't know that he'll stay up late.

However, he is VERY knowledgable on many of the current events, which I'm sure surprises many people who don't know him personally. As many of my friends on here know - he has some cognitive challenges. However, he is of a sound mind, and he is totally into this election and he is NOT with HER. He's a die-hard Republican.

He was laughing his a** off at Jesse Waters, and that's always funny to me. :killingme