Septic Problem?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I guess you would have to sell that BMW to obtain a privileged membership to get there.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Ken King said:
I guess you would have to sell that BMW to obtain a privileged membership to get there.

I don't have a BMW. I can hardly afford to take the bus to go get my welfare check.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
DoWhat said:
What was the trade for?
Are the trees still available or did the neighbor get them too?
Lucky neighbor.
I'm building him a website for his deck-building company.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
elaine said:
I can hardly afford to take the bus to go get my welfare check.
If you ask Tig nicely, maybe she can pick yours up when she gets hers.
Just an idea.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
DoWhat said:
If you ask Tig nicely, maybe she can pick yours up when she gets hers.
Just an idea.

You think they'll let her do that? I might be able to buy that extra pack of Newports if I don't have to spend the money on the bus.

Quiet Giant

Septic Tank Cleaning

yes you should have your tank pumped at least once every one to two years. Depending on how many people live in the house and how much water is being used. Your drainfields take alot from showering, washing clothes, dishwasher etc.

Quiet Giant

Also, when purchasing a home with a septic does require an inspection. Most companies will do what they call a dye test, thats why no one really looks at your septic that good. Don't let them do a dye test. It really doesn't show if there should be a real problem. Tell them you want it dug/opened for an inspection.

Vince

Airgasm said:
I have seen septic companies use a long metal rod, for locating the cover. Since the covers and tank are concrete not sure how well a "metal detector will work".

The covers are buried below the freeze line (2 - 3 ft.), and are approx. 3x3 ft in size.
Been reading this whole thread and Airgasm knows what he's talking about. Hopefully your septic wasn't neglected by the previous owner. If you put RidX in it once a month, you'll only need to have it pumped once every 5 years at the earliest. Did that to mine for 10 years and when the guy came to pump it he said it was all liquid. Really didn't need to be pumped, but I had him do it anyway and restart it. They will restart it with chemicals. You'd better hope you can't find your septic with a metal detector. The older homes had the old metal septic tanks and they had a tendency to collaspe after time. Find the main drain from your house and the tank is usually about 10 to 12 ft from your foundation. Has to be for county code, depending on the county, with so many ft of field drains.

mondoman

Just had my septic tank pumped yesterday.....$160.00.....the cover was already off.....they charge $25.00 extra to put the cover back on.Did that ourselves.The guy said there was a massive amount of toilet paper just sitting in there.He said to use the most cheapest brand.Been using 2-ply,Charmin or Cottonell.....Any suggestions on a good brand that breaks down better?