septic problems

pilkyd

i need to have septic tank pumped, and i have wet spot at end of drain field. Any sugestions on a company for pumping/ and has any one delt with similar problem with failing drain field....i'm worried about cost, fix, etc

Katt

I've used Downs Plumbing and septic, but I just had my tank pumped, no problems.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Do NOT use C&C or Earnshaw's. They both tried to rip me off to the tune of close to $27,000 for a new septic and drain field that I did not need.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Funny you would mention septic problems. When I lived there my drain fields were bad and had to be replaced. But living here, yesterday I called the septic co to come pump and when they got here they immediatly told me my drain fields were bad. Turns out most of the field is dry as can be cause no water has gotten that far in yrs. Fortunatly, I do not have to replace, they can just clean them out at a cost of 1800.00. Lucky me. But I get a 5 yr guarantee and a certificate for the new buyers. Im so tired of drain field problems. Good luck.

pilkyd

dare i ask how much the replacement cost? my house was built in 05, cant believe it may have bad drain field

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
dare i ask how much the replacement cost? my house was built in 05, cant believe it may have bad drain field
My house was 5 years old when C&C and Earnshaws tried to convince me that I had a failing system and attempted to sell me a new system for $25,000 - $27,000.

This was last year, after the tremendous amount of snow and rain.

We had never had a problem with our septic, just wanted it cleaned and certified. We knew it was fine, and needed no replacement.

We ultimately called in the Health Department, who made the final determination that the septic was fine, and not in need of repair/replacement.

This convinced me that C&C and Earnshaw's was just trying to rip us off for some serious money.

Instead of paying up to $27,000 for a totally new system (septic and drain fields), all it cost us was $500 for a standard septic pumping.

It pisses me off that people try to rip me off. :burning:

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
I hired Larry Hills and Sons Excavating, Inc last year, and they came by with no problem. :yay:

Phone number: 301-994-9700

onebdzee

off the shelf
My house was 5 years old when C&C and Earnshaws tried to convince me that I had a failing system and attempted to sell me a new system for $25,000 - $27,000.

This was last year, after the tremendous amount of snow and rain.

We had never had a problem with our septic, just wanted it cleaned and certified. We knew it was fine, and needed no replacement.

We ultimately called in the Health Department, who made the final determination that the septic was fine, and not in need of repair/replacement.

This convinced me that C&C and Earnshaw's was just trying to rip us off for some serious money.

Instead of paying up to $27,000 for a totally new system (septic and drain fields), all it cost us was $500 for a standard septic pumping.

It pisses me off that people try to rip me off. :burning:

They(C&C) tried the same crap with me a couple of weeks ago....the people that put the tank in didn't put an access pipe in it(the tank is about 4' down)....first the guy told me that it was $120 and hour to dig the access hole with a 2 hour minimium(this was after the lady that scheduled the apt told me $40 for the entire thing)....then he tells me that he can't find the access hole and has to dig up the entire area with a backhoe($500)....I refuse all of this tell him that I would dig it out the rest of the way and for him to come back in the morning to pump the tank

As he was leaving, he was filling my head with horror stories as to what was wrong with my tank/drain field and how much it was going to cost me....well, he came back the next morning and pumped the tank($300) and it fixed the entire issue that I was having....as he was leaving, he tried to sell me a access pipe for the tank to the tune of another $350($15 for the parts at Lowes)

bulldog

I hired Larry Hills and Sons Excavating, Inc last year, and they came by with no problem. :yay:

Phone number: 301-994-9700

Agreed. I have heard good and bad about Hills, but I have used them for several projects this summer and always been impressed by their service and the results of the work and I'm pretty damn picky.

Racer1951

Call c.l. Boswell Jr septic. They are the oldest in the tri county area. They have done my work for years and have done my parents work for 40 years. They charge 200 if tank is open and 225 if they have to dig. They will dig 2 feet by hand. They are the Boswell's with the green truck so make sure you get them. They recommend pumping residential house every 3 years because the cleaner the water in the tank the longer the drainfields last. They will educate you wether you are new to septic or have had a septic for years. There number is 301-645-9549 or best way is to call there cell to talk forest to them 240-925-1201.

carb454

I've been using these guys since building our house in calvert. They are very good and friendly to talk with and reasonable. We have a 2000 gal tank and I dig cost about $230-250. Just did it last year for the second time since 1997.
Home Happy Honey Dipping!!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Funny you would mention septic problems. When I lived there my drain fields were bad and had to be replaced. But living here, yesterday I called the septic co to come pump and when they got here they immediatly told me my drain fields were bad. Turns out most of the field is dry as can be cause no water has gotten that far in yrs. Fortunatly, I do not have to replace, they can just clean them out at a cost of 1800.00. Lucky me. But I get a 5 yr guarantee and a certificate for the new buyers. Im so tired of drain field problems. Good luck.

If it's not going into your drainfields where it is going??

Did they show you what the issues were inside the tank, or if there were issues??

Rael

Supper's Ready
Wayne's Drains

Pumped the septic, gave good advice and taught me a few things, told me we're using our septic properly and have no problems with it, showed up on time, friendly, didn't try to sell me anything, and at the end Wayne told me he appreciated that I called them from this far north in Calvert.

$220. No mess.

Recommend. Like.