Sequestration 2.0

bcp

In My Opinion
That is about an hour from me. Not that that would be a problem if it were a decent paying job, but someplace called "Bobs Furniture Outlet" or whatever doesn't project itself as paying more than minimum wage.

I had an offer from a company come in to me the other day.
I am considering it, and my job will be open.
Just a wee bit over minimum wage.. want it?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I had an offer from a company come in to me the other day.
I am considering it, and my job will be open.
Just a wee bit over minimum wage.. want it?
Where is it? I am not about to turn down a reasonable job opportunity,but it does have to make sense, you know?

It is difficult to find a job....any job....but I am trying. It is so frustrating to still be unemployed after all this time.

abcxyz

And a new analysis suggests almost every civilian employee in the Defense Department would be forced to take a month of unpaid leave if the new version of sequestration isn't undone.

I doubt anyone would really even notice they were gone even if they doubled it to two months.

TreeRat

Always a Good Target
I saw a cute little sticker the other day on the way into gate 1 that read "We won...get over it".

I vote that jamoke and his ilk be the first out the gate.

TR

bcp

In My Opinion
Where is it? I am not about to turn down a reasonable job opportunity,but it does have to make sense, you know?

It is difficult to find a job....any job....but I am trying. It is so frustrating to still be unemployed after all this time.

Im going to turn down the other offer.
its in Rockville, and I would have to be going into DC every day.
Yes it was a fair raise, but when you consider the wear and tear on the vehicle, it just was not worth it to me.

I will keep looking,,

Rommey

791,000 civil servants in DoD.
30 days in a month.

That's 23,730,000 days worth of tax revenue the government is going to lose. That's 23,730,000 days worth of tax revenue the state's are going to lose.
That's 23,730,000 days worth of FICA and Medicare tax those programs are going to lose.

How can the government afford to have these people not be at work?
[/liberal thought process]

BOP

791,000 civil servants in DoD.
30 days in a month.

That's 23,730,000 days worth of tax revenue the government is going to lose. That's 23,730,000 days worth of tax revenue the state's are going to lose.
That's 23,730,000 days worth of FICA and Medicare tax those programs are going to lose.

How can the government afford to have these people not be at work?
[/liberal thought process]

You forgot to mention that Congress will promptly spend that money like drunken whores (no offense to drunken whores).