Sequestration is getting out of hand

DEEKAYPEE8569

Ummm, not sure if you are joking, but we have been told not to print unless absolutely life or death and it was also mentioned that we may want to consider keeping a roll of TP at our desks just in case our supplies are not replenished. :ohwell:

Have all the printers been default set to print two-sided copies; wether you want them or not?

Also, flushing once a day wouldn't save water, cuz at least one bucket of clean water would have to be filled to clean up the overflow.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Have all the printers been default set to print two-sided copies; wether you want them or not?

Also, flushing once a day wouldn't save water, cuz at least one bucket of clean water would have to be filled to clean up the overflow.

Yes to the first and as to the second, we weren't told not to flush.

DEEKAYPEE8569

don't hate! at least they provide TP.

Well, knowing Maryland as I do, it's probably a clause in a book somwhere; along the lines of 'janitorial service providers will/must provide sanitary tissue; or 'bath tissue'; while conducting janitorial services.'
Yeah, redundant, but you get the idea.

sockgirl77

And they hate printing 3-4 copies of an 80 page test plan single sided:howdy:

The engineers do not have to print the copies here. They have people like me who copy and distribute them, after editing their typos and grammatical errors. :lol:

BernieP

Resident PIA
Yes to the first and as to the second, we weren't told not to flush.

oh joy, IT WAS A JOKE

BTW, the printers have been set to default to OFF, whne the print job hits the queue it is redirected to a printer that is not connected to the network.

glhs837

Power with Control
The engineers do not have to print the copies here. They have people like me who copy and distribute them, after editing their typos and grammatical errors. :lol:

You gots some spoiled engineers there:) Ones I worked with did all that themselves

Ok, this is getting serious.

Just heard on the news that if sequestration actually happens, Federal Food inspectors will be sequestered as well.

This means no inspectors for beef, eggs, milk..... etc... If sequestration happens, be prepared for food shortages.

inkah12102

Well, knowing Maryland as I do, it's probably a clause in a book somwhere; along the lines of 'janitorial service providers will/must provide sanitary tissue; or 'bath tissue'; while conducting janitorial services.'
Yeah, redundant, but you get the idea.

Nice, but don't the janitors fall under Maintenance cuts?

nobody really

I need a nap

Just heard on the news that if sequestration actually happens, Federal Food inspectors will be sequestered as well.

This means no inspectors for beef, eggs, milk..... etc... If sequestration happens, be prepared for food shortages.

i've been trying to ween myself off milk, since i luvs me some milk. been doing the almond milk thing.....not bad. just not the same.

PRIVATEYE

Not really.... IF the furlough goes to more than just DOD, they could be out of work ONE DAY a week for 22 wks, just like the rest of us. food inspections will still occur the other 4 days in the week, just like the rest of us will do our jobs 4 days a week. production will definitely slow down, but the work is still going to get done.