Serving Sizes

Are they nuts, are they right, or does it matter?

• Adequate servings are larger than they say

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Adequate servings are smaller than they say

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Adequate servings match what they say

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I ignore packaging and measurements

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I have a ten-cup coffeemaker disguised as a twelve-cup by the manufacturer by marking a ten-cup carafe with twelve cup marks. This is the most egregious example of what I consider to be misleading, or at least unrealistic, interpretation by manufacturers and food packaging folks about what constitutes a normal serving size - or a normal cup size, in the case of the coffeemaker. Do you pay any attention to the serving sizes, or do you apply your own sense to these things? Do you go for larger or smaller servings than the packaging and marking suggest?

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
one of my mugs = 2 1/2 conventional cups.:lmao:
I think that a conventional cup is between 4 and 6 ounces.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
I'm convinced do-gooders (even before Michelle Obama) have tried to decrease the amount of good things we consume (like caffeine) to the point the 'serving size' has unofficially been shrinking in industry. When I drink coffee, it's from a mug I have carried for 30 years. Serving size when it was new was a 'manly' size. Now serving size is more a demitasse size.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I would think a cup marked on your carafe would be 1 cup and your coffee cup is something other than 8 ounces.

E

EmptyTimCup

one of my mugs = 2 1/2 conventional cups.:lmao:
I think that a conventional cup is between 4 and 6 ounces.

'My Cup', no not a jock strap, gets

2 Oz of Mocha Creamer
1 Oz of French Vanilla

the rest is coffee, it takes 1/2 the POT ....... my cup is aproz 32 oz

:shrug: I just fill to an arbitrary line on the pot, usually the 6 cup line, brew, and pour into a mug. I really don't care what the marks on the pot measure as or how they compare to the mug I'm using. I fill my mug, when it's empty I fill it again until there's no more coffee.