Sewing Machine Recommendation

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
Sew I have not visited the forums in awhile. I just pulled out my sewing machine for a little project I’m working on. I have a small inexpensive singer machine. I also have a vintage singer made in 1901 not quite operational at the moment.
I’m thinking of getting another machine something heavy duty with a walking foot. Lots of machines out there just wondering what I need to look for. I’m looking at used machines. Like to stay below $500

dan0623_2000

It has been many yeas since the ex and I tried to get her a good sewing machine. We found out the big names from the 50's and 60's were not the same as they were back them. Most sold out to foreign groups but allowed new owners to use same name. The quality went way down. We bought a Singer but played hell getting it fixed after about 6 hours of using it. Good Luck

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
I’m not oblivious to the idea of selling a brand name. I want advice on what machine is recommended

black dog

Free America
My ex wife was and still is a huge quilt person, we did the classic Singer 20+ years ago and it lasted 2 or 3 years. We then invested in two Husqvarna's that both are still running without any problems what so ever. I know she also has a Pfaff that she also likes. A good quality machine ain't cheap.

Sew I have not visited the forums in awhile. I just pulled out my sewing machine for a little project I’m working on. I have a small inexpensive singer machine. I also have a vintage singer made in 1901 not quite operational at the moment.
I’m thinking of getting another machine something heavy duty with a walking foot. Lots of machines out there just wondering what I need to look for. I’m looking at used machines. Like to stay below $500
:howdy:!

My mom has a vintage sewing machine and has taken it to the small shop next to Raley's home furnishings for repairs. If they are still there, it might be worth a call or visit as they may have what you need either new or refurbished. They may also be able to help you with yours.

stgislander

PREMO Member
:howdy:!

My mom has a vintage sewing machine and has taken it to the small shop next to Raley's home furnishings for repairs. If they are still there, it might be worth a call or visit as they may have what you need either new or refurbished. They may also be able to help you with yours.

I don't think I've ever heard good things about that guy.

spinner

I don't think I've ever heard good things about that guy.

The Sew Vac place has been cleaning and fixing my sewing machines and sergers for years, he does a good job, they run great and mine are in constant use. I will say though he doesn't seem to be a people person but then I want my machines to run properly and I don't want a new BFF :]

I have a 34 yr old Viking and a newer Janome, I would go with a Viking again.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
After finally getting accepted to quilting board forum and doing internet research. I found out some really cool stuff about my 1901 after market parts are available and the major difference between my old machine and the commercial machines I have been looking at is the speed at which they sew. Since I’m not in a production environment I can accept 15 seconds extra on a seam