Shanahan Era...

angelbaby

"Discipline is one of the main things you've got to have in an organization; it starts at the top and goes all the way down,'' veteran running back Rock Cartwright told reporters. "We did lack some discipline on this team a little bit, and I think that was why the record was the way it was.''

Asked to elaborate, Cartwright said: "We had 'rule' guys and we had 'guideline' guys. 'Rules' guys, you have to stick to the rules; 'guidelines' guys, you go by your own guidelines and do what you want to do. When you've got a team sport, everybody's got to be 'rules' guys and be on the same page.''

At least someone on the team knows where to put the blame. As soon as I read this one player came to mind in the "guidelines" column.

Portis the tortoise. :lol:

BTW? Did anyone see the interview with Merriman after the Chargers game? He was asked if coming to Washington was a possibility next season. His answer was anything is possible and to wait and see. HMMMM

BuddyLee

Football addict
At least someone on the team knows where to put the blame. As soon as I read this one player came to mind in the "guidelines" column.

Portis the tortoise. :lol:

BTW? Did anyone see the interview with Merriman after the Chargers game? He was asked if coming to Washington was a possibility next season. His answer was anything is possible and to wait and see. HMMMM
Cartwright is the definition of TEAM player. If we had 53 men with his attitude we'd be a lot better off.

I was about to say that Merriman would never come here. However, with all these changes and the possibility of Mike Zimmer coming who knows. I'll have to check on Zimmer's scheme. I think he runs a 3-4.

Shawn

You can say that Shanahan didn't win one without Elway, but Elway never won one under Reeves, so I'll take it. I think that Shanny needs to bring in a solid personnel guy which it looks he's looking at Jeff Goodman (one of his yes-men in Denver, likely to become director of pro personnel) and possibly an in-house move of Morroco Brown being bumped up to director of player personnel, so we'll see how that goes.

Shawn

Give me Okung or give me death!
If he's available at #4 it's very tempting. I would not be surprised if (assuming that they're available) we got Clausen or Bradford (Shanahan reportedly likes Bradford a lot) and then went with a "value pick" for an OT if a guy like Charles Brown from USC is available at our 2nd round pick (or late 1st if we trade down).

One thing is certain in Washington nearly every year, there's going to be a very interesting offseason. :popcorn:

Shawn

Snyder is still in charge, doesn't matter who is sitting in the coaches chair..

The inmates are running the prison, and they know it.

How many under or non-performing players were fired the same day Zorn was??
Ummmm who would be firing them? Allen? No, he's not a personnel guy and that'd be one hell of a reactionary thing to do. We have a long offseason to evaulate and build, why would you just start cutting people? Who would want to come coach a team controlled like that? They'll be evaluated in the offseason wholly under the new coach and FO.

You'd best believe Shanahan has a clause in which he can walk if he doesn't make the final decision.

Shawn

Cartwright is the definition of TEAM player. If we had 53 men with his attitude we'd be a lot better off.

I was about to say that Merriman would never come here. However, with all these changes and the possibility of Mike Zimmer coming who knows. I'll have to check on Zimmer's scheme. I think he runs a 3-4.
Zimmer prefers the 4-3, he never ran the 3-4 until Parcells basically made him in 2005, he seemed glad to get away from it, it definitely wasn't his strong suit.

Shawn

Yes and no.

The blocking will more than likely be much different. Shanahan has run a zone blocking scheme. If Alex Gibbs is brought in they'll assuredly run that as he's perfected that as a coach. Zorn's team kept Buges and literally the same running game that Gibbs had in place.

The west coast offense isn't just one system, it has many different flavors. Shanahan's WCO is different than Zorn's. Sure, he'll throw short. He's more apt to running it...a lot. This allows for the deep play-action shots he's known to call.

Speculative reports have Shanahan looking at Rick Dennison as the OL coach and maybe Bobby Turner as the RB coach.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

I hear what you are saying but, that just ain't so. The talent level in the NFL is pretty even and what separates winning and losing is, simply, play makers. Indy is the same talent level as everyone else except for a handful of guys, Peyton, Wayne, Sanders, Saturday, Clark, etc. Same with the Pats, Steelers, Eagles, Cowboys, etc.

Rock is a great team guy and you need guys like that on your team and you'd like your playmakers to have his kind of attitude. However, Rock is not a playmaker. 53 Rock Cartwrights go 0-16.

:buddies: