Shark sightings on the rise along East Coast

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
"USA TODAY - Sharks have captured the nation's imagination through an obsession mired in both awe and fear - from 1976's landmark blockbuster, Jaws, to the Syfy channel's more recent Sharknado to real-life sightings along the East Coast.

One sign of this lingering infatuation with the carnivorous creatures is Discovery Channel's annual Shark Week - which kicks off its 26th incarnation Sunday. The week-long series' main event, Sharkpocalypse, will attempt to shed light on the murky water of shark sightings and attacks, which experts say have been increasing in recent decades."

Shark sightings on the rise along East Coast | 9news.com

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Pffft. Summer of the Shark is like so 10 years ago.

Seems to be a good number of shark sightings lately, which spurred a few articles about sharks on the East Coast.

Fishermen tape shark eating dolphin off NJ | Daily Record | dailyrecord.com

Now that shark obviously swam past us to get to NJ. I know in the past we were told a stray shark would come up this far - now they are saying it's more than just a stray shark here and there - they are regularly going fairly far up the East Coast.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Seems to be a good number of shark sightings lately, which spurred a few articles about sharks on the East Coast.

Fishermen tape shark eating dolphin off NJ | Daily Record | dailyrecord.com

Now that shark obviously swam past us to get to NJ. I know in the past we were told a stray shark would come up this far - now they are saying it's more than just a stray shark here and there - they are regularly going fairly far up the East Coast.

Well, sharks do live off the coast - any coast, and they are always there, so they will be sighted. Perhaps more people are on the water than before to spot them. We certainly have plenty of them here in Fl.