Shenandoah Mountains

ElliesMom

Bull Pature Mountain Ranch rocks for a weekend too!!!!

Missed the laurel bloom ride (but have afriend going) and the fall ride highlights the lovely foliage. Great food, barn and cabins available, or for those of you with camping trailer a hook up, and for you tough ones primitive camping! And more food than you can imagine. Touted as an adult weekend, so pack the spirits if you like!

poster

Bull Pature Mountain Ranch rocks for a weekend too!!!!

Missed the laurel bloom ride (but have afriend going) and the fall ride highlights the lovely foliage. Great food, barn and cabins available, or for those of you with camping trailer a hook up, and for you tough ones primitive camping! And more food than you can imagine. Touted as an adult weekend, so pack the spirits if you like!

That looks awesome!
Much nicer than were we stayed, but more expensive too.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Went last weekend and stayed at
Shenandoah Valley Virginia Horseback Riding Campground Camping Shenandoah Valley Guest Dude Ranch
they have a very nice set up for those traveling with horses.
Cabins were very clean, as were the showers.

Just an FYI!

I just came back from there over memorial day weekend. I'm good friends with the owners. Glad that you had a great time there. They have made some improvements since they have owned it. They have more planned. I'm going back for the Sept. & Oct. Rides....

mingiz

Horse Poor
That looks awesome!
Much nicer than were we stayed, but more expensive too.

Bull Pasture is nice But they charge way to much for what they offer. We went last year and rough camped in the field. There is a trail ride Oct2-4 down in Scottsville Va. Not a bad ride and the host are fantastic. Plenty of food at each meal and a live band on Sat. :yay:

mingiz

Horse Poor
Most of the trail rides I go out of town for are usually 80-90 for a weekend. BP appeals to the city slickers and there prices show it. There are places closer to home that you can still see great views. :yay: You can go to Grave's Mnt and it will cost you 10$ to camp. It's rough camping , you have a water supply and you can rent a stall.My next trip there we plan on riding from Grave's over to Big Meadows. That will be an all day ride. There is also another trail ride in Sept. It will be thier first one and it's for a rescue. I think it's the weekend after labor day..I'll find the info and post it..:yay:

mingiz

Horse Poor
Ride For Pets Sake

Here ya go....

1st Annual "Ride for Pets Sake" to benefit the Humane Society of Warren County in Front Royal Va. This weekend will consist of rough camping at this beautifull riverfront farm in Wardensville WV, live bluegrass music around the campfire at night, guided 7-8 hour trailride during the day, pigroast and bluegrass bands on Saturday night.Reserve this spot on your calendar and come join us for a great weekend! cost is 50.00 per person and includes camping,trailride,music Friday night. Saturday morning breakfast, Saturday night pig Roast and Band.Call 540-635-4734 for advance ticket information.

poster

I just came back from there over memorial day weekend. I'm good friends with the owners. Glad that you had a great time there. They have made some improvements since they have owned it. They have more planned. I'm going back for the Sept. & Oct. Rides....

I was surprised when she told me they are from So.MD - small world! LOL

mingiz

Horse Poor
SWEET pigroast to boot!! now to get the money man to cough it up!

That is a great price for a weekend. The only thing I don't care for is the ride is guided.
Most of the places I go regularly the people that also go are friendly, no one messses with anything and if your horse acts up or get's into trouble people come running to help. We always have a great itme and good memories on each and every ride.:yay:

mingiz

Horse Poor
I was surprised when she told me they are from So.MD - small world! LOL

Yeap I met Bill through my cousin and I started camping with them. We have been doing it since 03. But now that he has his business he doesn't get to go anymore. We miss him on rides, he was very entertaining at times. :howdy: