shocking hilarious moments and stories

Robin

O-Kay for all the horse folks out there with Solar or Electric Fence, Lets hear about all those accidental wonderful moments of accidently hitting the wire or tape while the power was still on :jet:

W

WhoCares

Robin said:
O-Kay for all the horse folks out there with Solar or Electric Fence, Lets hear about all those accidental wonderful moments of accidently hitting the wire or tape while the power was still on :jet:

Um.

This happened when i was a teenager.

I was riding a pony that I had NO business being on. Very ornery, and stubborn pony. Well the other kids forgot to take the electric wire across the wooden gate down. The gate was open, but the wire was still there. Well Pony decided that he wanted his dinner, and booked through the gate. I got hit in the head and knocked off the back of the pony with the force. I burned my hair in the process. OH I was also bareback, no helmet, and in shorts.

Robin

Glad someone went first, Okay I have quite a few you would think I would have learned.
Heres one. Last night I forgot to re-attach the gate handle and left it laying on the ground while I finished taking care of the horses. I go through a mental check list to make sure everything is closed and power is on. Well it was dark anD I remembered the damn gate. In the meantime the frickin grass was getting wet with dew. Ya go ahead an say dumb chit I reached down to grab the handle and hair is now all standing straight out on every parkt of the body, so I drop it then say it dumb chit grab it again by then I was shocked and pizzed There was more than 1 spark to.

Robin

The worst is reaching through to pet a horse and ya both get zapped at the same time. Been there done that

mizteresa1965

Robin said:
Glad someone went first, Okay I have quite a few you would think I would have learned.
Heres one. Last night I forgot to re-attach the gate handle and left it laying on the ground while I finished taking care of the horses. I go through a mental check list to make sure everything is closed and power is on. Well it was dark anD I remembered the damn gate. In the meantime the frickin grass was getting wet with dew. Ya go ahead an say dumb chit I reached down to grab the handle and hair is now all standing straight out on every parkt of the body, so I drop it then say it dumb chit grab it again by then I was shocked and pizzed There was more than 1 spark to.

dumb chit!!! :lmao: :smack:

devinej

:clap:

so i had a cousin who decided to spit on the electric fence....it reached the fence before it was detached from....

leading my pony, brushed against it and she felt it all the way through the lead rope and took off.

my dog had an invisible fence with collar. he used to go to sleep on the fence line...i think he liked getting shocked...

Robin

The funniest was a stallion pony I had... I had him in a paddock that was board fencing with electric wire. We up graded and changed to 1/2 inch white tape. needless to say I didn't think about it I figured it wasn't too much of a difference. besides it was up against the boards. Well I turned him out in it and he was curious. Needless to say he grabbed it with his teeth. yowzah, He was shocked and upset mad. He went back for more this time when he got shocked he was twisting his head mad and rearing and stomping running would run up to the fence a blow and snort. I think he got the message. very well behaved with the fences after that. He never bothered the mares that were in a field next to him.

Robin

Heres a good one a few years back my X and I combined a retirement party and 4th Of July Party together. Needless to say I had (warning) electric fence (shock) in yellow posted every 3rd fence post. Well You would not believe how many had to just gravitate to touching the fence? The AE's electricians were always the worst when they popped by for visits. You say dont and they grab it. amazed that a low current can keep big animals in a fence

Robin

mizteresa1965 said:
I don't have either.......I'm just being entertained!! :lmao:
Thats OK glad you are here I am sure when folks get back from lunch we will hear some duzzys

HorseRiding God

The Almighty Zues and I were at a show in Crappo, Md and while we were gone I had the ranch hands install an electric fence to keep the coyotes out of Zues's food. We got home late so I let Zues in his stall and put him to bed with his favorite Mr. Ed blanket. I woke up early that morning to feed the hogs, milk the cows, brush the donkey and wash the dog. I heard the Almighty Zues awake from his slumber and let out a thunderous roar, apparently old groucho the family rooster had pecked his balls by accident.

I wasn't thinking that morning otherwise I would have warned the Almighty Zues about the electric fence before he strolled out to unleash his morning urination stream. I I skipped over to the fence so that I could watch ( I like to watch because the Almighty Zues is hung like a giraffe), right when he began to let loose I remembered the fence :doh: It was to late, the Almighty Zues flew back about 30 yards when his nads caught on fire. It was a horrible site and he still has not forgiven me :bawl:

fredsaid2

When we had to work on the fence I'd send one of my sisters to turn off the charger. There were two, for two different pastures. They would always turn off the wrong one. I would tell them to turn off both to be sure, still get shocked. The rule ended up being whoever turned off the charger had to touch the fence first!

fredsaid2

HorseRiding God said:
The Almighty Zues and I were at a show in Crappo, Md and while we were gone I had the ranch hands install an electric fence to keep the coyotes out of Zues's food. We got home late so I let Zues in his stall and put him to bed with his favorite Mr. Ed blanket. I woke up early that morning to feed the hogs, milk the cows, brush the donkey and wash the dog. I heard the Almighty Zues awake from his slumber and let out a thunderous roar, apparently old groucho the family rooster had pecked his balls by accident.

I wasn't thinking that morning otherwise I would have warned the Almighty Zues about the electric fence before he strolled out to unleash his morning urination stream. I I skipped over to the fence so that I could watch ( I like to watch because the Almighty Zues is hung like a giraffe), right when he began to let loose I remembered the fence :doh: It was to late, the Almighty Zues flew back about 30 yards when his nads caught on fire. It was a horrible site and he still has not forgiven me :bawl:

The Almighty Zues must hate you, the rooster too! :lmao:

Robin

Here is another...One Solar panel to run in two completely different paddocks
of course we attached the insulators to the side of the barn and up over head. after a few years the barn needed re-painting.. I was on the extension ladder about 8-10 feet up with the paint can in one hand and the brush in the other being careful not to hit the insulators, which I didn't I hit the damn tape. I did get jolted off the ladder and was very grateful I was not wearing the paint. before I got back up I turned off the electric
Heres your sign :doh:

Robin

fredsaid2 said:
When we had to work on the fence I'd send one of my sisters to turn off the charger. There were two, for two different pastures. They would always turn off the wrong one. I would tell them to turn off both to be sure, still get shocked. The rule ended up being whoever turned off the charger had to touch the fence first!
Yeah well what about the sneaky one that turns it back on while you are working on it with it wrapped in the hands

pingrr

I have accidently peed on an electric fense a couple times and got a nice jolt. It is actually quite arousing an I highly recomend it.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
devinej said:
:clap:

so i had a cousin who decided to spit on the electric fence....it reached the fence before it was detached from....

leading my pony, brushed against it and she felt it all the way through the lead rope and took off.

my dog had an invisible fence with collar. he used to go to sleep on the fence line...i think he liked getting shocked...

That first one (spitting) was priceless. Someone would of paid top dollar for video of that. :lmao:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Rottncop sent little one to throw the switch so he could replace an insulator. we saw her clear across the 2 fields at the side of the barn where the switch was...:shocking:

So she wised up and picked up a stick. When it snapped her, she flung the stick way out into the foal field, and whacked the colt on the butt, he went ripping around the field... :shocking:

The third time was the charm. Little one never even complained. When she came back over to us, we were laughing...tears rolling, and she wondered what we were laughing at...she didn't think we saw her and she wasn't telling :lol: she's a tough one for a 10 y/o.

Robin

pingrr said:
I have accidently peed on an electric fense a couple times and got a nice jolt. It is actually quite arousing an I highly recomend it.
heres you sign