Shocking!!!!! Simply abhorrent!!

GregV814

As you get older your choices of entertainment change. Here I sit drinking my cheepazz coffee, nibbling on a burnt English muffin watching the Weather Channel. Well, I have never been so shocked!!!!
It hit me. Although the "actors" pretending to be meteorologists using 25 cent terms, speak very eloquently, there was something blaringly innocuous!!!!
They are dressed very nice, (like they used to be on TV). They have a manly man, two or three beautiful women, (slightly older, no purple hair, sheetmetal adornments) in heels, a gayman metrosexual overdubbed, BUT...BUT... absolutely NO POC's!!!!!!!!!

AND, they use terms like "heavy" rain, "THICK" fog, "WHITEOUT" conditions!!!!! Hello!!! awareness!!!! TIKTOK where are you????

SamSpade

I think what surprised me recently was in a conversation with a few people I considered bright - was the idea that the weather people on TV were actual meteorologists. I worked for a professor of meteorology - and I knew his family. He couldn't have done a spot on TV if his life depended on it. But damn if there wasn't a lot of science in meteorology because once he got going, I got lost. He was brilliant.

My "job" with his department was transcribing data from all the machines spitting out tape. Yup. LONG time ago.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
was the idea that the weather people on TV were actual meteorologists.
They are far and few between. There is a guy on WBOC, Dan Satterfield, incredibly knowledgeable, and also very camera personable. Most of the time a TV weather person is chosen for looks and presence. Storm Fields was another.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
As you get my cheepazz burnt watching the Weather Channel. I so shocked!!!!
hit me. pretend meteorologists using 5 cent terms, speak very blaringly

They are dressed very manly, two or three beautiful women in heels,

BUT...BUT... absolutely NO POC's!!!!!!!!!
Check out the chicano stations. Plenty of curvy latinas. I have no idea what they are saying. Not that it matters.

31FB9D0900000578-3482118-image-m-25_1457442287934.jpg
item1858514_185px.jpeg
c53a7370216dfcf4b7f6c8b76e1ad129.jpg

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Being meteorologists you would think they would talk more about the 10 to 20 meteors that hit earth every day.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
But damn if there wasn't a lot of science in meteorology because once he got going, I got lost. He was brilliant.
When my wife and I were stationed at Eglin AFB, FL one of her colleagues was a PhD in atmospheric physics.
I know the feeling.