Shocking Upset: Rousey KO'd

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Boxers are always better than MMA. Not sorry to see that big mouth get her ass kicked.

Last edited:

PeoplesElbow

Boxers are always better than MMA. Not sorry to see that big mouth get her ass kicked.

Not really, where boxers do excel is in their cardio though. Rousey tried to box too much instead of take her down, she was trying to show off and it backfired on her.

As a boxer Holm really wasn't known as a heavy puncher either.

b23hqb

PREMO Member

Just google something like "mma - boxers vs wrestlers" and you will find a pretty big argument and controversy for both sides on that topic. I personally fall on the side of the martial arts/wrestler people, but that's just my opinion.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
All it takes is one punch, lucky or not, in any fight that can decide the outcome suddenly. Whichever it was, Holm is the new champ.

That is true, but in this case Holm dominated throughout the whole 2 round fight.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
All it takes is one punch, lucky or not, in any fight that can decide the outcome suddenly. Whichever it was, Holm is the new champ.

It wasn't "one punch" by any stretch of the imagination. Rousey was getting the living crap beat out of her and the head kick just finished her off.

PeoplesElbow

Just google something like "mma - boxers vs wrestlers" and you will find a pretty big argument and controversy for both sides on that topic. I personally fall on the side of the martial arts/wrestler people, but that's just my opinion.

It was actually Rouseys lack of wrestling skills that did her in here, Judo take downs are done at a much closer distance and Holm was able to keep away enough.

How much you want to bet in the rematch Rousey still makes more money?

CrashTest

They said plastic surgery will be needed to fix Rousey's face. I wonder if they can make her look like a woman?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They said plastic surgery will be needed to fix Rousey's face. I wonder if they can make her look like a woman?

I'm sorry, what?

ronda.jpg

b23hqb

PREMO Member
It wasn't "one punch" by any stretch of the imagination. Rousey was getting the living crap beat out of her and the head kick just finished her off.

I didn't say it was, and I saw none of the fight - just a video clip. Sorry if it came across that way. It appears Rousey was routed.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Ronda who?

Don't forget she is in the same camp as Nick & Nate Diaz. Both not known for their sportsmanship.

Even Mayweather touched gloves. :elaine:

Last edited:
H

Hodr

Does anyone remember the beginning years of popular MMA? Back when UFC didn't have weight classes and matched different styles? You would have wrestlers fighting boxers fighting Karate experts.

In the end they found Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and wrestling came out on top the most, with the random win to a good stand-up knockout. So now we get fighters with a mix of those three. Too much stand-up (boxing) and you get submitted, too much BJJ/wrestling and you may get knocked out before you take it to the ground.