Shocky to Skins

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
...what this portends for the future of the NFC East if the Redskins are actually growing up.

:buddies:

:evil:

What's funny is we have done so much stupid crap, and yet we are still a contender in the toughest division in football, able to give all 3 other teams a tough contest any given Sunday. Though at times we can't beat the sorry teams :lol:

And yes, we are growing up, hopefully, this is a good thing :yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Let's...

What's funny is we have done so much stupid crap, and yet we are still a contender in the toughest division in football, able to give all 3 other teams a tough contest any given Sunday. Though at times we can't beat the sorry teams :lol:

And yes, we are growing up, hopefully, this is a good thing :yay:

...not read into this too much. I mean, the NFL is, truly, the any given Sunday league. Very few teams are simply terrible and very few are unbeatable. That's why the Gibbs II era is so unimpressive; even mediocre teams make the playoffs now and again and go .500 or so over any 4 year period.

Only the truly dysfunctional like the Raiders and perhaps the Falcons stay uncompetitive and even they both are not that far removed from a Superbowl appearance.

Anyone doubt Miami will be around .500 next year? The Lions aren't all that bad. The Browns are good. The Cardinals of all people aren't that bad.

I'm cautiously optimistic that this is the right formula, finally; Enough with the big names who are only coming here to cash a paycheck. Zorn, like a young Gibbs, has something to prove. So does Cerrato. Snyder may have finally found that creative tension necessary to make the difference from .500 to .700 football.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
...not read into this too much. I mean, the NFL is, truly, the any given Sunday league. Very few teams are simply terrible and very few are unbeatable. That's why the Gibbs II era is so unimpressive; even mediocre teams make the playoffs now and again and go .500 or so over any 4 year period.

Only the truly dysfunctional like the Raiders and perhaps the Falcons stay uncompetitive and even they both are not that far removed from a Superbowl appearance.

Anyone doubt Miami will be around .500 next year? The Lions aren't all that bad. The Browns are good. The Cardinals of all people aren't that bad.

I'm cautiously optimistic that this is the right formula, finally; Enough with the big names who are only coming here to cash a paycheck. Zorn, like a young Gibbs, has something to prove. So does Cerrato. Snyder may have finally found that creative tension necessary to make the difference from .500 to .700 football.

I couldn't agree more, so many have already written off Zorn because he went from a QB coach to a head coach. I honoestly think that is a very smart move, no one knows anything about the man, which is a bonus due to the fact besides west coast, and that he still wants a good run game, nothing else can be predicted about the guy. Which these days is a plus in the NFL. As for .700 football, I don't think I would know how to act :yay:

As for not picking up the big names, for some reason, I'm not going to count out Ocho Cinco or even Roy Williams for that matter until the trade dealine is done :lmao:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
When he hired Zorn...

I couldn't agree more, so many have already written off Zorn because he went from a QB coach to a head coach. I honoestly think that is a very smart move, no one knows anything about the man, which is a bonus due to the fact besides west coast, and that he still wants a good run game, nothing else can be predicted about the guy. Which these days is a plus in the NFL. As for .700 football, I don't think I would know how to act :yay:

As for not picking up the big names, for some reason, I'm not going to count out Ocho Cinco or even Roy Williams for that matter until the trade dealine is done :lmao:

...I was silenced, instantly. I've been bytching so long for the dynamics of the Beathard/Gibbs/JKC era that anything other than that makes me spew invective reflexively. I don't even care what our record is this coming season as long as it ends with a sense of positive team direction and identity which we haven't had since the last 8 games of Marty ball.

I don't care if we end up with some hotshot. Just throw them the ball 10-15 times a game and that will predicate their behavior and shut their mouths. If you're not gonna use 'em, don't get them. That's why I never understood the TO or Moss delima teams had; just throw them the ball enough. They'll shut up. Mostly. Thoroughbreds are almost always temperamental. Let 'em run.

Imagine, if you will, Portis in a West Coast environment where he isn't being asked to plough through the line on predictable running plays meant to wear the opponent down but that only wear him down. Picture him on First down passes in the flat, a slant to Moss on second and 3, Then a seem ball to Cooley right down the middle on the next first down, then a draw to Portis on the next one.

The magic of Gibbs I was he had to use what he had instead of trying to conform the players to his systems. It may take a year or two or three, but now there seems to be decisions by Snyder that make sense.

:yahoo:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
...I was silenced, instantly. I've been bytching so long for the dynamics of the Beathard/Gibbs/JKC era that anything other than that makes me spew invective reflexively. I don't even care what our record is this coming season as long as it ends with a sense of positive team direction and identity which we haven't had since the last 8 games of Marty ball.

I don't care if we end up with some hotshot. Just throw them the ball 10-15 times a game and that will predicate their behavior and shut their mouths. If you're not gonna use 'em, don't get them. That's why I never understood the TO or Moss delima teams had; just throw them the ball enough. They'll shut up. Mostly. Thoroughbreds are almost always temperamental. Let 'em run.

Imagine, if you will, Portis in a West Coast environment where he isn't being asked to plough through the line on predictable running plays meant to wear the opponent down but that only wear him down. Picture him on First down passes in the flat, a slant to Moss on second and 3, Then a seem ball to Cooley right down the middle on the next first down, then a draw to Portis on the next one.

The magic of Gibbs I was he had to use what he had instead of trying to conform the players to his systems. It may take a year or two or three, but now there seems to be decisions by Snyder that make sense.

:yahoo:

Agreed :yay:

I would like to see Zorn fufill his 5 years, unless...UNLESS he come sin and its 3 years of constant sub par seasons and he just isn't showing that he will pick up the slack. That's part of our problem, we don't let our players get used to a system, everything keeps changinig more and more. So many write off Campbell, but lets be honest, how productive would you be if you switched your entire career every year, which is basically what has happened to him, different O every darn year...

AS for the Portis, Moss, Cooooooley plan, I like it :yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well...

Agreed :yay:

I would like to see Zorn fufill his 5 years, unless...UNLESS he come sin and its 3 years of constant sub par seasons and he just isn't showing that he will pick up the slack. That's part of our problem, we don't let our players get used to a system, everything keeps changinig more and more. So many write off Campbell, but lets be honest, how productive would you be if you switched your entire career every year, which is basically what has happened to him, different O every darn year...

AS for the Portis, Moss, Cooooooley plan, I like it :yay:

...this is all the scary part; what will actually happen? I mean, my starter right now would be Collins. Campbell has proven to not be very accurate and he makes decisions too slow. Is this the fault of all the changes or is this Jason??? I'm not so sure after last season. We've reached an age in the NFL now where more guys hit the ground running the first time they play like Roethlisberger, Brady, Palmer et al and less guys need that fourth year like Eli and the Gibbs I era QB's.

You think he's gonna step it up?

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Disagree..but yet agree...

...this is all the scary part; what will actually happen? I mean, my starter right now would be Collins. Campbell has proven to not be very accurate and he makes decisions too slow. Is this the fault of all the changes or is this Jason??? I'm not so sure after last season. We've reached an age in the NFL now where more guys hit the ground running the first time they play like Roethlisberger, Brady, Palmer et al and less guys need that fourth year like Eli and the Gibbs I era QB's.

You think he's gonna step it up?

Collins did step in and show he could play in the system he has been in for 36yrs of his 39 yr career :lol: But, I think his age showed against SattleHawks, he couldn't move around in the pocket, where as Campbell can.

But I do think it should be open for this year being it is a brand new system.

As for JC, I think he has the young Farve-itis, throw the ball 80mph every time and hope for the best. Hopefully coach Z, being his specialty is QB's is breaking him of that habit, which will help with a few things, mechanics and touch.

My thing, if we want the quick pay off, go with Collins, but..if we are looking to find out where our future is, its got to be JC...

yankee44

I am back from having to actualy do some work but

APRIL FLOOS, I mean come on why would want this guy.

This year could be interesting in the Big Apple. I predict that if we dont get rid of this plague named Shocky he will infect the whole team. Boss has proven himself as a young rising star at the TE position. The more touches Boss gets the less Shocky gets and we all know how he will be b****ing about that.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
I am back from having to actualy do some work but

This year could be interesting in the Big Apple. I predict that if we dont get rid of this plague named Shocky he will infect the whole team. Boss has proven himself as a young rising star at the TE position. The more touches Boss gets the less Shocky gets and we all know how he will be b****ing about that.

Got news for ya... Shock is a better TE than Boss. And he can get ya'lls team fired up. Boss ain't doing none of that.

As for your "April floos", I don't think anyone really believed you to start with :yawn:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Got news for ya... Shock is a better TE than Boss. And he can get ya'lls team fired up. Boss ain't doing none of that.

If you call acting like an A$$ and pi$$ing off other players getting a team fired up I guess you are right:sarcasm:

:nono: Tiki pissed off other players by always running his mouth about stupid sh*t, not shockey..

I hate the giants almost as much as I hate the cowboys and even I know if the giants front office had to choose between Shockey and boss, boss is out the door.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
yankee44 said:

Yeah, and a year ago you guys were squealing cuz Coughlin still had a job. :lol:

Last edited: