Shocky to Skins

BuddyLee

Football addict
Bram on Redskins radio reported that the Skins and Bengals were in deep trade discussions for Chad Johnson.

He had me going for a few minutes.:lmao:

BuddyLee

Football addict
...this is all the scary part; what will actually happen? I mean, my starter right now would be Collins. Campbell has proven to not be very accurate and he makes decisions too slow. Is this the fault of all the changes or is this Jason??? I'm not so sure after last season. We've reached an age in the NFL now where more guys hit the ground running the first time they play like Roethlisberger, Brady, Palmer et al and less guys need that fourth year like Eli and the Gibbs I era QB's.

You think he's gonna step it up?
In watching Campbell, I've only seen improvement.

You have to ask yourself, who is the better investment? Campbell who still had plenty to learn, improve, much potential to build upon for many more years. It could be Collins, who may be one year away from retirement.

I'm sticking with Campbell for at least another season if not two. Look at Eli for instance.

AndyMarquisLIVE

In watching Campbell, I've only seen improvement.

You have to ask yourself, who is the better investment? Campbell who still had plenty to learn, improve, much potential to build upon for many more years. It could be Collins, who may be one year away from retirement.

I'm sticking with Campbell for at least another season if not two. Look at Eli for instance.
Alright, I'll ponder it to myself.

Jason Campbell has talent and will be as good as Eli. :liar:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid

As good as Eli :lmao:

The boy has a few "good games" where they only make him throw the ball 15-20 times, and he doesn't throw any interceptions and now he is a frickin superstar :roflmao:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I think...

As good as Eli :lmao:

The boy has a few "good games" where they only make him throw the ball 15-20 times, and he doesn't throw any interceptions and now he is a frickin superstar :roflmao:

...after last season it is only fair to consider Eli one of the better QB's in the league. As always, the NFL is about one and only one thing; winning. He, and his team mates got it done last year. Everyone looks good on paper, some guys look rough on the field, but they get it done where the 'better' QB might not make that one or two extra plays per game that make the difference between a win and a loss.

No QB could possibly face greater pressure than this past Superbowl; playing one of the greatest teams of all time, in a game that was tense and had no ebb and flow from play #1; it was pressure on every single play, no let up.

Eli is a star now.

BuddyLee

Football addict
You're right.

He's only throwing the game away (litterally, by throwing the ball to the other team) in the 4th quarter now. :yay:

:smile:
Which game(s) are you speaking of because I don't remember him throwing the ball to the other team in the 4th quarter that often.

I remember the early Cowboys game where many thought we didn't have a chance. Yet, we had the game wrapped up on many occasions, mostly because of Campbell's game. It was the safety play that destroyed us to the tune of four T.O. touchdown passes. Even through all that Campbell led the way down the field to make his only mistake of the game. Now he's a dunce.

BuddyLee

Football addict
...after last season it is only fair to consider Eli one of the better QB's in the league. As always, the NFL is about one and only one thing; winning. He, and his team mates got it done last year. Everyone looks good on paper, some guys look rough on the field, but they get it done where the 'better' QB might not make that one or two extra plays per game that make the difference between a win and a loss.

No QB could possibly face greater pressure than this past Superbowl; playing one of the greatest teams of all time, in a game that was tense and had no ebb and flow from play #1; it was pressure on every single play, no let up.

Eli is a star now.
Can't agree more; Eli is a star now. I can't say that before he hit the playoffs last year though. I'd say he was mediocre with some flashes of greatness. He was between on the cusp of greatness and NY laughing stock.

AndyMarquisLIVE said:

Eli wasn't as great as your memory serves you.