Shoe traction

puggymom

I just bought these cute heeled boots (via internet) and I just got them and they have ZERO traction. Not so good for a klutz like me.
I just had to return a pair of boots I bought my 6 year old daughter a few weeks ago because they also had no traction.

What it is with shoe companies lately? Now I guess I need to go try and find some traction adding thing for the bottom.

I just bought these cute heeled boots (via internet) and I just got them and they have ZERO traction. Not so good for a klutz like me.
I just had to return a pair of boots I bought my 6 year old daughter a few weeks ago because they also had no traction.

What it is with shoe companies lately? Now I guess I need to go try and find some traction adding thing for the bottom.

I'm pretty sure most shoe stores, maybe even Target, has something you can put on the bottom of your shoes to add traction. Not sure why they're doing this though, I've noticed lots of them are slippery too.

drivingdaisy

I've never used sandpaper but I have shuffled up and down the concrete walkway to get them roughed up and I've used a knife to score some grooves in my dress shoes.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
I have this problem with snow boots as well. I always wonder why they all aren't "waffle-soled", given their intended use. The last pair I owned had relatively smooth and very slippery soles and I gave up on them after nearly killing myself a couple of times. Are their designers that ignorant or are they all located in a sunny climate that doesn't understand the concept of traction?

puggymom

It seems better. There is a grooved part at the bottom which I think is supposed to be for traction but it did nothing. It made it impossible to sand there but I was able to get the other parts. I only walked around my kitchen but we will see.