Shooting range

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Sanner's Lake.. Whatcha wanna go shoot??

(you know those weapons on Halo 3 aren't REAL don't you!??)

Novus Collectus

Not sure what part of SOMD you are in, but there are a few down in SOMD. I heard Myrtle Grove is being shut down for four months, so there goes that idea.
As far as a private range ST. Charles Sportemens Club is down that way. Saint Charles Sportsman's Club
Someone mentioned Sanners Lake. Other than those I have no clue. MD has a shortage of ranges state wide.

H

hborror

Sanner's Lake.. Whatcha wanna go shoot??

(you know those weapons on Halo 3 aren't REAL don't you!??)

:lol:

pistol or Rifle just thought I would give it a try. See what I can do with the target.

Novus Collectus

pistol or Rifle just thought I would give it a try. See what I can do with the target.

MD Small Arms in Forrestville lets you rent handguns to shoot at the range there.
Be a good idea to go with an experienced shooter though so they can show you the basics of safe handling and aiming.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

I've got a S&W .45 that I should teach BG how to shoot.. if you want to try it, I can bring it out.

Of course it's big in my hands, may be hard for you to wrap your hand(s) around it.

H

hborror

Dang do you not like the new ones that much? Shooting range might be a little drastic don't you think?

:lmao:
:lol: nah

MD Small Arms in Forrestville lets you rent handguns to shoot at the range there.
Be a good idea to go with an experienced shooter though so they can show you the basics of safe handling and aiming.

I guess your right, I didn't want to tell my dad but I guess he will have to go with me since he is a cop and can show me the way it goes.

H

hborror

I've got a S&W .45 that I should teach BG how to shoot.. if you want to try it, I can bring it out.

Of course it's big in my hands, may be hard for you to wrap your hand(s) around it.

That would work even better

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
Not sure what part of SOMD you are in, but there are a few down in SOMD. I heard Myrtle Grove is being shut down for four months, so there goes that idea.
As far as a private range ST. Charles Sportemens Club is down that way. Saint Charles Sportsman's Club
Someone mentioned Sanners Lake. Other than those I have no clue. MD has a shortage of ranges state wide.

They close down every winter. Oct 31 to May 1, I believe. I haven't been there in about two years. No limits on caliber- which is nice. Just be sure to read the rules as you make the treck from the parking lot to the actual range. BTW, the office there is closed on weekends, even though the range is still open and yes, you do need a permit.

Novus Collectus

:lol: nah

I guess your right, I didn't want to tell my dad but I guess he will have to go with me since he is a cop and can show me the way it goes.

If you are under 21 you cannot shoot handguns at a public or non FFL run range without your parent's written permission and you have to have an adult at least 21 years of age with you.
If you go to a range run by an FFL though and never leave the premisses when you rent the handgun it is technically legal to do without your dad's permission as I understand it, but you still have to be over 18 (fed. law). I have doubt any indoor range run by an FFL in MD would allow this though.

H

hborror

If you are under 21 you cannot shoot handguns at a public or non FFL run range without your parent's written permission and you have to have an adult at least 21 years of age with you.
If you go to a range run by an FFL though and never leave the premisses when you rent the handgun it is technically legal to do without your dad's permission as I understand it, but you still have to be over 18 (fed. law). I have doubt any indoor range run by an FFL in MD would allow this though.

Oh no I am over 21, I just kinda didn't wanna tell him I was gonna learn. I want to take him for his B-day.

Novus Collectus

Oh no I am over 21, I just kinda didn't wanna tell him I was gonna learn. I want to take him for his B-day.
There are plenty of people in the Maryland shooting/hunting community which are more than willing to show a new shooter the ropes. If you would like basic instruction on safety and shooting, any of us would be willing to help out. Besides, any excuse to get to the range is a good one.

Booboo3604

They close down every winter. Oct 31 to May 1, I believe. I haven't been there in about two years. No limits on caliber- which is nice. Just be sure to read the rules as you make the treck from the parking lot to the actual range. BTW, the office there is closed on weekends, even though the range is still open and yes, you do need a permit.

They close the range down during gun season for obvious reasons. The office is closed on weekends and they actually close usually by 2 during the week as a heads up incase you are looking to get a permit. After that you will be making the trip up to Walmart.