Shot prices from VETS

MorganLover

GOD i set up my appt for my horse to get her shots with the vet, and they have a 5 way that has West Nile Virus in it, and they are charging 40 bucks for it. and 16 for a dang rabies. GRRRR where does everyone order their shots from (Paso i think you do a lot of ordering don't you?) I need some help here i am not gonna pay them 40 bucks for a 5 dollar shot (i used to work for a vet so i know how cheap those stupid shots are.) Please help :huggy: Thanks

DQ2B

Jeffers, kv Vet, Valley Vet, Country Supply is where I order depeding on their current prices and what I need.

I never do 5 at a time either. Better to space them out a few weeks apart.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Bloodline vet..

ivermec $2.78
Pyrantel $2.88
safeguard $4.99

5 way (not WN) $147. (10)
Potomac $99 (10)
Westnile $129 (10)
Strangles $9.58

MorganLover

i don't know why shots have to have all these things in one. My horse is 31 years old and i don't really want her having all those shots in 1 shot. does that makes any sense at all lol.

God all i need is 2 of those paso hahaha not 10 hehe. hmmmm Happy has to order more then 10 at a time now so maybe i should hit her up for them again hehe.

DQ2B

MorganLover said:
i don't know why shots have to have all these things in one. My horse is 31 years old and i don't really want her having all those shots in 1 shot. does that makes any sense at all lol.

God all i need is 2 of those paso hahaha not 10 hehe. hmmmm Happy has to order more then 10 at a time now so maybe i should hit her up for them again hehe.

You can get the single dose shots from the catalogs and you are right, you don't have to give them all at once and you shouldn't as I said above.

MorganLover

Thanks, that is what i thought. She hasn't had a problem with it in the past but with her age i don't want to take a chance of introducing that new shot with the westnile already in it.

MorganLover

1 more question can i get my own rabies for the horse or does the vet still have to do horses as well. Since i rescued her i don't want to make any trouble if someone should try to say i don't vaccinate my horse b/c i didn't have the vet do it, so what are your suggestions there?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Just have your rabies shipped to a friend in VA or DE..

Potomac WN only have one manufacturer...Rabies two...not a ton of choices. I like Innovator for the 5 way..

MorganLover

thanks PASO i saw that :smack: duh on my part again, i am not used to doing the ordering so i have no clue on what the abriviated names are for some of them like the 5 way. :whistle:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Pasofever said:
Just have your rabies shipped to a friend in VA or DE..

Potomac WN only have one manufacturer...Rabies two...not a ton of choices. I like Innovator for the 5 way..

For the Potomac and WN, is that the Fort Dodge, what rabies one do you get? I have a friend in Va, hmmmm. I use the Innovator as well but I have tried the Prestige??

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
SouthernMdRocks said:
For the Potomac and WN, is that the Fort Dodge, what rabies one do you get? I have a friend in Va, hmmmm. I use the Innovator as well but I have tried the Prestige??

Last year I gave Rabac 3 for rabies..Happy borrowed some and replaced it this year with Imrab 3...for both you use 2 cc per horse (1cc per llama) and have had no problems with either one..remember only good for 1 yr on the big animals not 3 like dogs and cats..

sorry Potomac

Potomac guard (think fort dodge)
Mystique Potomac

Bloodline sells at good prices and sends you what they got a good deal on or what is in stock

Lol I dont think they have a website..they gave ALL their profits last year to the kids in africa with AIDS..

this year a percentage goes there. www.facesofthechilren.com

Bloodline vet 1.800.346.2675

MorganLover

UGH my grandmother, i just called and told her that i found the WN and the 5 way for 19.99 and the vet is charging 40 bucks so i told her i am gonna order the shots online and she said she feels safer with the vet doing them in case something happens. why do old people get like that ugh. i gave Cherokee the 5 way last year (got one from happy) and it was fine i think she got me was WN as well, but can't remember. so i told her i wanted to order the rabies and send it to aunt kim (she is in DE) and we can even do our own rabies and she said no basically so i'll be paying for 10 rabies shots that i don't/wont need. GRRRR guess i'll wait and see and just pay him to do the rabies and do the rest on myown. What do you guys think?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
MorganLover said:
UGH my grandmother, i just called and told her that i found the WN and the 5 way for 19.99 and the vet is charging 40 bucks so i told her i am gonna order the shots online and she said she feels safer with the vet doing them in case something happens. why do old people get like that ugh. i gave Cherokee the 5 way last year (got one from happy) and it was fine i think she got me was WN as well, but can't remember. so i told her i wanted to order the rabies and send it to aunt kim (she is in DE) and we can even do our own rabies and she said no basically so i'll be paying for 10 rabies shots that i don't/wont need. GRRRR guess i'll wait and see and just pay him to do the rabies and do the rest on myown. What do you guys think?

Yo momma ordered rabies this year I am sure she has an extra one shot..if not I can give you one..

MorganLover

can i buy 1 of each of those shots from you? Rabies, 5way, potomic, WN and strangles? do you have an extra one of each i can buy. and can you mail them if i pay the shipping to you as well for that? do you think me doing the rabies myself will get me into trouble with an officials or the rescue?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
MorganLover said:
can i buy 1 of each of those shots from you? Rabies, 5way, potomic, WN and strangles? do you have an extra one of each i can buy. and can you mail them if i pay the shipping to you as well for that? do you think me doing the rabies myself will get me into trouble with an officials or the rescue?

sorry with the 10 dose vial and the baby (who gets 2 sets of shots) I worked it out to have just enough 5 way and WN

ps I do not give strangles

MorganLover

Oh yeah i don't either or potomac cause i never take my horse anywhere, WAAAHHHH :jameo: wish i could but no trailer no fun. Thanks anyway. I'll figure something out :lmao: