Shot prices from VETS

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Morganlover, you can order single dosage from KVvet.com...
West nile Innovator Fort Dodge.....17.95 In 06 vet cost...23.50
Fluvac 5-1 Innovator Fort Dodge...16.95 In 06 vet cost...23.50
Southern States charges...20.99
Potomac Gaurd Fort Dodge........11.49 In 06 vet cost...19.00
StrepGaurd/strangles.......shot....9.95 In 06 vet cost...19.75

Another savings to self administered shots is the savings on the second farm call fee. With this amount of vaccinations along with rabies and coggins most vets will split them up into 2 calls. You only need one for the rabies and coggins.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
MorganLover said:
Thanks, that is what i thought. She hasn't had a problem with it in the past but with her age i don't want to take a chance of introducing that new shot with the westnile already in it.

Keep in mind ML that if your mare didnt have one of these particular vaccinations last year then in addition to giving her one this year you will need to boost that vaccine about 4 weeks later again with a second shot.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Potomac should be given even if you do not haul her around..it is from mosquitos..not horse to horse.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Honey, get your 5 way at Southern States or the place in Cambridge (they sell vaccines too) or TSC in Dover, and I'll bring you WN and Rabies. I'll be over this weekend and leave them in your fridge if you want. email me at work tomorrow. and i'll bring your bitless bridle too.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
happyappygirl said:
Honey, get your 5 way at Southern States or the place in Cambridge (they sell vaccines too) or TSC in Dover, and I'll bring you WN and Rabies. I'll be over this weekend and leave them in your fridge if you want. email me at work tomorrow. and i'll bring your bitless bridle too.

Gosh, happy I wish you were my mommy :huggy:

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
persimmoncf said:
Morganlover, you can order single dosage from KVvet.com...
West nile Innovator Fort Dodge.....17.95 In 06 vet cost...23.50
Fluvac 5-1 Innovator Fort Dodge...16.95 In 06 vet cost...23.50
Southern States charges...20.99
Potomac Gaurd Fort Dodge........11.49 In 06 vet cost...19.00
StrepGaurd/strangles.......shot....9.95 In 06 vet cost...19.75

Another savings to self administered shots is the savings on the second farm call fee. With this amount of vaccinations along with rabies and coggins most vets will split them up into 2 calls. You only need one for the rabies and coggins.

I am placing my order this week and I get them in the 10 dose vials as well...if anyone needs a dose off of my order let me know. I order, PHF, WNV, Strangles, 5 way.

MorganLover

Thanks Happy. I'll have to get them then. We aren't going to be home we are going to New York leaving Friday. So if you want to stay here at my house no one will be home, i can leave a key for ya if you want too. I need someone for the dogs anyway :howdy: So that would be a big help if you are staying all weekend? i'll just need someone to let them in Friday night, feed them, let them out sat, feed them and then let them out sunday all day.

Cowgirl

MorganLover said:
i don't know why shots have to have all these things in one. My horse is 31 years old and i don't really want her having all those shots in 1 shot. does that makes any sense at all lol.

God all i need is 2 of those paso hahaha not 10 hehe. hmmmm Happy has to order more then 10 at a time now so maybe i should hit her up for them again hehe.

Hey MorganLover, just saw this thread. I know it seems like alot to combine shots, but it is better to give them all at once. If you space them over a couple days, her immune system won't recognize the additional shots. If you are going to space them out, you have to wait about 3 weeks. That's why it's better to just go ahead and give them all at once.

It's best to give them in different places if you're going to do more than one though...like right and left neck, and right and left buttock. That way if there is a reaction, you can tell which shot it was.