Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Depends on the infraction

Votes: 18 58.1%

• Total voters

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Does that still happen today, when both parents work?

It did 10-15 years ago. Now there are ways of remote monitoring, so it should *really* be no problem to keep tabs on your kids.

The problem is that parents are lazy and don't want to raise their children.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Grounding only works if there is a parent home to enforce it. When my Brother and I were coming along, if/when we got grounded, Mom was a stay-at-home Mom back then. When we got off the bus after school, if we were grounded, the grounding restrictions/parameters were then in effect. Does that still happen today, when both parents work?

From my first post "60s suburbia" is key. Dad worked in Crystal City, Mom stayed home and ran the household. With 3 kids no more than 6 years apart, Mom worked harder than Dad ever did.

Both parents working, kids are gonna be ####ed up and do as they like, if that's their prerogative. :shrug:

Luckily, some of us are blessed with good kids that are low maintenance.

MichelleLea

ABSOLUTELY It teaches repercussion (which is something no one understands nowadays) and teaches kids that they are not "entitled". Something our nation has no clue about. My siblings and I were all spanked/disciplined depending on the act. (Never beaten) AND we deserved it. Our country is FULL of Entitled, Self Righteous Hippocrates that should of had their azzes spanked as a child. Unfortunately, parents were too afraid of someone calling child abuse or Social Services. The foundation starts with childhood. If you don't want another punk or pansy in society; beat their ass. I can say this now, because my kids are grown and would tell you the same. I deserved every spanking I got.

wittykitty

The lack of basic respect is the root of the behavior issue, and we learn about that core value from our PARENTS.
I wouldn't have known simple manners if my parents hadn't taught me. Luckily, my parents had time to spend with me, talk to me, and teach me to use my brain! Yes, they both worked their jobs until they were utterly exhausted every single day, but I was still their priority. I got my butt spanked more than just a few times, and as an adult, I thank them for caring about my discipline. They often told me, "this hurts me more than it hurts you!" Has anyone had that precursory a$$-whipping apology? :roflmao:

I would also like to add that we had dinner together at the table every single night. My parents were INVOLVED. I rarely was allowed to watch tv, unless it was 30 minutes before bed. Nintendo was a serious treat.

I believe that parenting has become the real issue, and I am doing my part as a parent to make sure my core values are passed on to my child. He recognizes the appalling behavior of his peers, and society in general, and often points out "how wrong" it is. I'm fortunate to have a kid who actually listens, and I often thank him for being so conscientious!

Last edited:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
The lack of basic respect is the root of the behavior issue, and we learn about that core value from our PARENTS.
I wouldn't have known simple manners if my parents hadn't taught me. Luckily, my parents had time to spend with me, talk to me, and teach me to use my brain! Yes, they both worked their jobs until they were utterly exhausted every single day, but I was still their priority. I got my butt spanked more than just a few times, and as an adult, I thank them for caring about my discipline. They often told me, "this hurts me more than it hurts you!" Has anyone had that precursory a$$-whipping apology? :roflmao:

I would also like to add that we had dinner together at the table every single night. My parents were INVOLVED. I rarely was allowed to watch tv, unless it was 30 minutes before bed. Nintendo was a serious treat.

I believe that parenting has become the real issue, and I am doing my part as a parent to make sure my core values are passed on to my child. He recognizes the appalling behavior of his peers, and society in general, and often points out "how wrong" it is. I'm fortunate to have a kid who actually listens, and I often thank him for being so conscientious!
For years my husband and I have been told that we are raising our boys "old school". We are quite proud of that.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
It did 10-15 years ago. Now there are ways of remote monitoring, so it should really be no problem to keep tabs on your kids.

The problem is that parents are lazy and don't want to raise their children.
True.

I'll go further to say that somewhere along the way, in the last 20 years or so, people who have become parents want to remove any scintilla of pain and discomfort from their child. I'm sure they felt this was proper parenting, and it certainly feels better to not experience pain (over your hurting child) yourself. It sounds so cliche, but it's the truth - and it interrupts their development into a healthy person. We all have to suffer pain and discomfort and work our way through it in life.

Not the new parents - no, sir, their precious angels are perfect and they will not suffer! :drama:

:rolleyes: They're raising snowflakes and safe spacers.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Attachments

• kids.jpg
    kids.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 323