Should he run again in 2024?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I beg to differ. These extreme whackos are already rounding up Trump supporters on lists - including Federal judges - before the election is even legit-official (not MSM-official). Gee, where have we heard about these ‘political lists’ before? 🤔

See, and I think Joe is on board with that. I think he'll agree to whatever keeps the dough rolling and and prevents him and his fam from ending up in a federal prison. They'll be like, "Joe, sign this order. No, you don't have to read it." And Joe will be like, "Okay. Can I have my lunch?"

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
See, and I think Joe is on board with that. I think he'll agree to whatever keeps the dough rolling and and prevents him and his fam from ending up in a federal prison. They'll be like, "Joe, sign this order. No, you don't have to read it." And Joe will be like, "Okay. Can I have my lunch?"

Silly Vrai ... these are cut-throats - they can’t be bothered with questions. They’ll walk him out & just agree to continue protecting his family. And most of America will forget about the Biden Crime Family because they’ll be too busy installing windmills & solar panels on their homes after working 100 hrs a week to afford to pay their taxes.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
My hope is that it’s not a situation of “will Trump run in 2024”; rather, that he is determined the rightful winner of this election once these challenges & recounts play out. I’m anxious to hear more about the Hammer/Scorecard fraud.

I think this election ends up in the SCOTUS, in which case for those old enough to remember:

Bluecrqbe

Another recession is inevitable. We haven't had one in 11-12 years, a record in modern history. Another one is due. It won't necessarily be his fault because it's a natural consequence of the business cycle. They HAPPEN.
I admit I do think that Presidents and candidates have been the unfortunate victims of recessions which can not be avoided any more than rain or snow or acts of God. It just happens.
more people in my life have been laid off, and remain unemployed, this year than ever before. I have no idea what you people do all day, but to read this thread you must live in some government contractor padded world.
Talk to anyone in hospitality, restaurants, air travel, it’s a complete horror show.

enjoy your cushy life where you opine about the potential impacts of $15 an hour minimum wage

something has to happen for the record number of these folks without a job, no one is talking about them and they are losing hope.

SamSpade

more people in my life have been laid off, and remain unemployed, this year than ever before. I have no idea what you people do all day, but to read this thread you must live in some government contractor padded world.
Talk to anyone in hospitality, restaurants, air travel, it’s a complete horror show.

These are the ones I am talking about. Make it 15 and they won't be going back. I already have people in my family making 12 an hour hanging on by the skin of their teeth.

And the downturn this time wasn't caused by economic instability or a downturn in the markets - it was government saying "you can't go back to work".

If they want the economy back, all they have to do is sound the all clear. And they SAID they'd do that once we "flattened the curve" - that is, lower the spread of the virus low enough for our medical system to get ahead of it. That happened four months ago. Now the goalposts have moved - now we're apparently at the "until the disease doesn't exist" which might as well be "when hell freezes over".

Bluecrqbe

If they want the economy back, all they have to do is sound the all clear. And they SAID they'd do that once we "flattened the curve" - that is, lower the spread of the virus low enough for our medical system to get ahead of it. That happened four months ago. Now the goalposts have moved - now we're apparently at the "until the disease doesn't exist" which might as well be "when hell freezes over".
It might be too late for that, even after things reopen people aren’t going back like they were, not even close. Too much time has passed and behaviors have changed too much. I think whoever is running the show come late January is going to have near record unemployment to deal with with no real end in sight. The damage of fear is done, we’ve got at least 15% of the population so scared they won’t leave their house. Restaurants are really tough places to run, you cut attendance by 15% and they are toast. What is someone with that skill set/experience to do? Learn to code???
substance abuse rates have been steadily climbing this year as people are losing hope, we’re in a crisis and you’ve got idiots dancing in the streets.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Now the goalposts have moved - now we're apparently at the "until the disease doesn't exist" which might as well be "when hell freezes over".

Authoritarians have realized the path to power and domination over the plebs ..... until this is struck down in the courts, lock downs will continue

Reactions: BOP

SamSpade

What is someone with that skill set/experience to do? Learn to code???

Funny you should mention this --

Not terribly helpful to people whose job you intend to end, and kind of insulting to those of us who have been coding for 35 years as though it's something anyone can do. Might as well say "go to law school".

But you are probably right - we already know businesses IN THIS AREA that have declared they won't re-open. I don't put that on Trump - that is the state government. Why for some reason it's perfectly safe to shop at Giant but not safe to have people in a restaurant I haven't figured out. I don't know why carry out or delivery is safer than sitting down at a table.

But UNLIKE the wholesale destruction of say, the manufacturing business in this country - these are the kinds of jobs that CAN COME BACK albeit under new management. If the local restaurateur says, sorry, I have to retire and I can't keep operating - someone ELSE will buy the building and do something else. This is the nature of a robust economy, and it will continue to grow back because it has a solid foundation.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
You act like Biden is something more than a puppet who will do and say what he's told. Biden is a useful idiot to those people. They'll keep him there forever because he's docile and compliant, and the press will prop him up as a savior.
Kamala has too much ambition to let them keep her out of that seat for long.

WingsOfGold

enjoy your cushy life where you opine about the potential impacts of $15 an hour minimum wage

something has to happen for the record number of these folks without a job, no one is talking about them and they are losing hope.
Should you want to point fingers point at Biden's chineeeeee friends.

Bluecrqbe

Should you want to point fingers point at Biden's chineeeeee friends.
Who said I’m not pointing at them too? None of them seem to give two hoots about what has happened.
I of course want everything to go back to normal, yesterday, but now I’m just waiting for “Lockdown Larry” to get on that podium again and start another run on the grocery store and we start having to leave our mail outside again for a week!
Not looking forward to this Winter

WingsOfGold

Who said I’m not pointing at them too? None of them seem to give two hoots about what has happened.
I of course want everything to go back to normal, yesterday, but now I’m just waiting for “Lockdown Larry” to get on that podium again and start another run on the grocery store and we start having to leave our mail outside again for a week!
Not looking forward to this Winter
They're solely to blame, they unleashed the virus either by accident or on purpose. Boycott whatever you can that comes from there up to and including your local Chinese restaurant. Deal with it because bitching won't do shiit.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
But he won't do that, it's not him. I doubt he's going to ever run again; he doesn't like to lose. He lost, it will leave a bad taste, so he will move on to something new, more appealing, more profitable, return his focus to investments and growing his brand again.
I was wrong. He's still looking to turn this election over, and if not, he has announced his intentions to run again in 2024.

BOP

I'll be straight up - I don't think there's any way a Biden administration is going to be good for all Americans. I think the very best he can achieve is mediocrity and his first planned steps in 2021 already are spelling disaster for me personally. For example, if he insists on pursuing a 15 dollar an hour minimum wage, many of my friends who either work for small businesses or my sister - who lives alone, works online and depends on her job for the benefits even though she doesn't get paid well - will lose their jobs in a cold second. At 58 she won't get another one as she can't drive and depends on online work. My son who is severely learning impaired won't be seeing any more work for a while. (Unless the Biden administration decides to COMPEL people to hire him).

That was an EXAMPLE - there are others.

I think many on the left will simply be satisfied with the fact that Trump is gone - but may have misgivings about the way the Biden administration will try to steer this country. I don't think, with the animosity the entire left has thrown at half the country, a man and his running mate won't have an extremely difficult row to hoe if they think they're going to unite people. Right out of the gate he doesn't get my trust just by being President; he will have to earn it first.

ASIDE from the fact that Biden will be 82 if he runs again - and his current state of health and MIND don't portend well - I don't think we will see Joe in 2024 and it may well be over for him before that.

Trump will be Biden's age NOW.

It's happened before - a previously defeated candidate comes back and in the case of Cleveland - won. Harrison became increasingly unpopular during his term, and even within his own party. Biden himself is a person who has run before, but failed.

But as much as Trump was, in my perspective, transformative and bold - he was also polarizing. There's no question in my mind that many people might have voted for him had he not been so brash in his exaggerations and tweets. I never had a problem with it (my wife - who voted for Trump - absolutely DID) - for once someone in the White House was talking to me the way people I know talk, and not in some flowery diplomatic style where caution is built into saying anything controversial. You know what I MEAN - you've seen politicians carefully and artfully answer questions so as not to say anything they'll be strung up for. What I liked about Trump is he didn't care, because his continued livelihood never depended on pleasing the press.

So - does he run again?
I'd be surprised if Biden survives his first 100 days. Too many powerful people have it in for him, including some who know that the only way to get "The First Female President (tm)" is to elect an old white male. I think the betting is going to be on whether they 25A him or he has an untimely "accident" involving the dog.