Should people be banned...

Should I tighten down on what people get banned for?

• Yes, ban the creative cussers

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Yes, ban the disruptors

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Yes, ban both creative cussers and disruptors

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • No, it's fine the way it is

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
...for creative cussing and general disorderly conduct?

I typically warn creative cussers, then sit them out if they persist. Should I be more strict with this?

Disorderly conduct is more subjective and you all would be at the mercy of my judgement, since what could be considered "disorderly" by one person is just normal conversation to another.

Think before you vote.
We all agreed to this in one manner or another when we registered, right?

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

As long as you (SOMD.com) makes a decision that you can support here then there is no problem banning a person that violates what they have already agreed to comply with.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Ken King said:
We all agreed to this in one manner or another when we registered, right?

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

As long as you (SOMD.com) makes a decision that you can support here then there is no problem banning a person that violates what they have already agreed to comply with.

I agree. If KK can abide by the rules, anyone can.

The only reason I'm a PITA is because I'm following the status quo, which was started by a member that shall remain nameless, several years ago. I just fell into the same rut as others on here.

Just my two cents, I can deal with it either way.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by rack'm
I've been banned so many times, I can't remember what all for now. :lmao:
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by crabcake
Step aside, cue-ball! :diva:
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

So you guys hold the record? :lmao:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
I think creative cussing should be allowed, as long as the word is used as an adjective. :nerd:

Toxick

Splat
I think real cussing should be allowed.

There are many subtle nuances that simply cannot be properly achieved without the use of profanity.

And #### all you people who disagree with that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You know what we should do? We should ban people when their karma gets so far in the red. If they hit bottom like that, we can safely assume they're universally hated and have nothing to offer the forums as a whole, right?

That's probably a stupid idea - I can envision the karma war right now. :whack:

rack'm

Jaded
vraiblonde said:
You know what we should do? We should ban people when their karma gets so far in the red. If they hit bottom like that, we can safely assume they're universally hated and have nothing to offer the forums as a whole, right?

That's probably a stupid idea - I can envision the karma war right now. :whack:

You just know QPid would be a goner. :killingme :killingme