Should the 'skins

MMDad

Lem Putt
even bother showing up on Sunday? They could save the airfare, and nobody would get injured. Does anyone really think they have a chance?

nanstime

even bother showing up on Sunday? They could save the airfare, and nobody would get injured. Does anyone really think they have a chance?

Be nice :) and YES they do have a chance I am and always will be a redskin fan

D

dems4me

I have no doubts that we will win :cheers: or any reservations on friendly wagers :cheers:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
If they were dumb enough to show up for the N.E. game, would it matter now? They should have their pay docked for the way they're playing. I can't blame Joe for their performance, he's proven himself in the past. He just can't do anything with this group so he should clean house and start over.:lmao:
P.S. I am a 'skins fan but a very unhappy one right now.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That's...

If they were dumb enough to show up for the N.E. game, would it matter now? They should have their pay docked for the way they're playing. I can't blame Joe for their performance, he's proven himself in the past. He just can't do anything with this group so he should clean house and start over.:lmao:

...non sense. If the head coach is not responsible, then what is the point of a head coach?

The players don't get to choose what team they are on. They don't get to choose how practice is run. They don't get to choose to make the team or not. They don't get to choose how they are graded and judged. They don't get to choose what plays to run. Everything they do in terms of when they are at practice or on the field is ONLY with the explicit approval of the coach.

The head coach.

LordStanley

I know nothing
...non sense. If the head coach is not responsible, then what is the point of a head coach?

The players don't get to choose what team they are on. They don't get to choose how practice is run. They don't get to choose to make the team or not. They don't get to choose how they are graded and judged. They don't get to choose what plays to run. Everything they do in terms of when they are at practice or on the field is ONLY with the explicit approval of the coach.

The head coach.

the players choose what team they are on.... They signed a contract right? No one stuck a gun to thier head. Hell Most hold out till they get more money.

Regardless of who calls the plays, the players get paid to run the route or play the line and provide pass protection or making a hole. If they slack up on the field and dont pull their own weight, its not the coaches fault.

One week the skins show up to play...
One week they dont.

I highly doubt its because of Gibbs' play calling

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Then...

the players choose what team they are on.... They signed a contract right? No one stuck a gun to thier head. Hell Most hold out till they get more money.

Regardless of who calls the plays, the players get paid to run the route or play the line and provide pass protection or making a hole. If they slack up on the field and dont pull their own weight, its not the coaches fault.

One week they dont.

...we have rather different views of how the NFL works.

If everything is up to the players then teams have different levels of performance based the players, right? So, how is it that 53 guys all decided to come here and play however they felt like? Is it so they can visit the monuments? See the Cherry blossoms? Shopping at Tysons? Maybe they're here so they can go to Tiki opening?

And, further, just what in the heck is so motivating about Indianapolis and Foxboro to get guys to play so darn well?

LordStanley

I know nothing
...we have rather different views of how the NFL works.

If everything is up to the players then teams have different levels of performance based the players, right? So, how is it that 53 guys all decided to come here and play however they felt like? Is it so they can visit the monuments? See the Cherry blossoms? Shopping at Tysons? Maybe they're here so they can go to Tiki opening?

And, further, just what in the heck is so motivating about Indianapolis and Foxboro to get guys to play so darn well?

Out of those 53 players, who is playing football cause they love the sport and are not in it for just the money. Who is playing for the logo on the helmet and not the name on the back of the shirt.

If the players dont execute on the field, you can only blame the coach for not benching thier a$$es. Or not being emotional enough, or motivating enough...

Maybe the skins need to get back to the basics and throw away the 700 page playbook...

Right now the skins have no chemistry. It dosent matter how good your team looks on paper, if they dont play with each other and for each other, you will never win a game, no matter what play the coach calls.

The skins have no depth. You loose 2 or 3 starters, and your done. Shutdown Portis, Cooley and JC and you all got nothing. If JC gets hurt, look at his backup!!!

fedex

Relax, it's fedex

One week they dont.

You my friend are very incorrect about "the players choose what team they are on" that is complete BS... Most players go where the $ is at.. Its common sense...

Fred Smoot when he left Washington to goto Minnesota, even said he left because the Vikes offered him more money.

The only time you will ever not see that happen is when its someone that has been there forever such as Darrell Green, or Favre...

I am sure someone would pay more $ for Favre and he wouldnt leave simply because its where his heart is at... how many other NFL players can say that... NOT many !

I agree with you Larry... Kudos !

LordStanley

I know nothing
You my friend are very incorrect about "the players choose what team they are on" that is complete BS... Most players go where the $ is at.. Its common sense...

Fred Smoot when he left Washington to goto Minnesota, even said he left because the Vikes offered him more money.

The only time you will ever not see that happen is when its someone that has been there forever such as Darrell Green, or Favre...

I am sure someone would pay more $ for Favre and he wouldnt leave simply because its where his heart is at... how many other NFL players can say that... NOT many !

I agree with you Larry... Kudos !

Im not incorrect... Is it not thier choice to play for a team that pays them the most....

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Survey says...

Out of those 53 players, who is playing football cause they love the sport and are not in it for just the money. Who is playing for the logo on the helmet and not the name on the back of the shirt.

Take away the dollars. Require a guy to put in the time and effort he does now and how many show up tomorrow? ZEE-RO.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It is...

Im not incorrect... Is it not thier choice to play for a team that pays them the most....

...their choice to accept of decline their EMPLOYERS offer to come work FOR them.

They do not say "I, Larry Gude, will come be your starting qb and you will pay me $50 million per year and I will run the offense my way and I will play how I choose."

D

dems4me

And here we have the definitive opinion. If Dems says they'll win.......

We can do it!!! :clap: :clap: I remember that monday night game a few years ago where we got two touchdowns with a minute or two left in the game and came back to win against them. I think we can rise to the occassion :clap: Anything can happen :clap:

LordStanley

I know nothing

Take away the dollars. Require a guy to put in the time and effort he does now and how many show up tomorrow? ZEE-RO.

And thats why footballs sucks as a sport... Players are only in it for the money and not the love of the sport.

Except Brett Favre of course.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Unlike...

And thats why footballs sucks as a sport... Players are only in it for the money and not the love of the sport.

Except Brett Favre of course.

....hockey where everyone plays for the love of the game, right?

Now, let's see. Who was it that went on strike recently for more...what was it...money, I think it was, and damn near killed the sport they so 'love' in the process???

Some help here. Anyone remember??? :lmao:

LordStanley

I know nothing
...their choice to accept of decline their EMPLOYERS offer to come work FOR them.

They do not say "I, Larry Gude, will come be your starting qb and you will pay me $50 million per year and I will run the offense my way and I will play how I choose."

So what your saying is all 53 players said, Im forced to play for the redskins because no other team would hire me under contract.

No wonder why the skins suck.

SoMDGirl42

Coaches fault for calling some the the eff'd up plays they've been calling, but it's the players who in the end, win or loose the game. He can call plays for a perfect game, but if you can't execute the plays, you can't win the game.

Joe needs to back off of the running plays and start putting the ball in the air. It's up to the QB to throw catchable balls, and the wide receivers to catch the ball. And I'm not taking about these 4 yard throws they keep doing over and over and over again. At least make it to the first down marker. Joe's idea of running the ball is so 80's. The running backs today are not the running backs of the 80's like Riggings. Get with the times, or get a packin'. And players, get your damn head in the game and out of the accountants office wondering how much bread you're bringing home today. If they can't play (and everyone has off days) put their butts on the bench and give someone who wants to play the chance. They might just surprise ya.