Should we bail out GM?

Bail out GM

• Yes

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • No

Votes: 33 94.3%

• Total voters

Chainsaw Slayer

Nom I bought a Nissan because they make better cars. If GM started puting out quality new cars they wouldn;t have this problem. The dumb dumbs at GM spent way to much time puting out hummers and other big SUV's that nobody was buying.

Pete

Repete
Nom I bought a Nissan because they make better cars. If GM started puting out quality new cars they wouldn;t have this problem. The dumb dumbs at GM spent way to much time puting out hummers and other big SUV's that nobody was buying.

Nobody is buying them TODAY but at one time people DID buy them or they would not have built them.

bcp

In My Opinion

I bought a VW for my wife because they are way ahead of the chinese and japs on quality.

I bought a GMC truck, but Im thinking of upgrading to nissan or a toyota to pull the camper with, the quality and power of the jap cars just cant be beat.

Chainsaw Slayer

Nobody is buying them TODAY but at one time people DID buy them or they would not have built them.

Exactly people were buying them at one time. But they did not pay close enough attention to the current trends. They kept pumping out these big gas guslers long after people stopped buying them.

Nissan and Toyota made big SUV's as well. They just cut production on the big vehicles much faster than GM or Ford did.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And...

...see, that's another catch 22; the one thing the US makers MADE money on is the SUV's and pickups! So, this global warming non sense and not controlling oil costs has come back to bite Democrat constituents in the behind. This, the blue collar workers, is a group ripe for the picking if the GOP would approach them from that standpoint; energy independence, cheap gas, build the cars and trucks people WANT to buy.

Pete

Repete
Exactly people were buying them at one time. But they did not pay close enough attention to the current trends. They kept pumping out these big gas guslers long after people stopped buying them.

Nissan and Toyota made big SUV's as well. They just cut production on the big vehicles much faster than GM or Ford did.

I don't know, there is an article posted somewhere about a bunch of imports sitting on storage lots in Long Beach California and New Jersey including SUV's. NOTHING is selling right now and 12 months ago no one knew this would be happening. Gas prices started down and truck sales actually rebounded for a bit.

So even Japanese and German imports are immune. Giant corporations cannot swerve on a dime.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
I was listening to the news this morning and they were saying that if you look at all the airlines that have filed for bankruptcy, they have come back better than they were before.

We have given how much to bail out Wall Street and no one really has any type of accountability as to where that money has gone - if we do the same for the big 3, then someone would need to be able to account for how the money was used.

I say no. Let them do like the airlines did. Cut the fat and fix themselves. Who's gonna out any of us when we fall on hard times? Nobody. We just get up, wipe the dirt off, and keep trudging. :shrug: