Should you do anything?

What do you do?

• Nothing...you should MYOB.

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • Go say something to her.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Call the police and report it.

Votes: 28 45.2%
  • Drive away without saying anything and then kick yourself in the behind for not doing antyhing.

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters

SamSpade

Chasey_Lane said:
Seatbelt/restraint or not, accidents will happen and depending on the impact and severity, one may be better off w/out a restraint.

Yes, but you and I have both seen tests as to what happens to dummies in those accidents on buses. School bus seats not only don't have belts, they've got NOTHING. Not even decent padding.

I think I might consider driving the lil squirt until he's old enough to drive himself.

Cowgirl

Chasey_Lane said:
Seatbelt/restraint or not, accidents will happen and depending on the impact and severity, one may be better off w/out a restraint.

That argument bothers me. Odds are that seatbelts will help. Chances are very slim that there will be a time that you'd be better off not wearing a seatbelt....especially for children. I can't imagine a child being OK after being thrown from a car. :shrug:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Cowgirl said:
I can't imagine a child being OK after being thrown from a car. :shrug:
Pixie was in an accident while in middle school. She was thrown from the vehicle and landed in a ditch. She broke her neck, but she survived. Granted, she was not a small child, but the fact is she was not restrained.

spicy

Chasey_Lane said:
Pixie was in an accident while in middle school. She was thrown from the vehicle and landed in a ditch. She broke her neck, but she survived. Granted, she was not a small child, but the fact is she was not restrained.

maybe she would not have broken her neck if she had been wearing a seat belt.....?

SamSpade

Chasey_Lane said:

She's very lucky. Most ejections result in death or serious injury.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
SamSpade said:
And it's tragic what happens when those things get into accidents. What should be done?
Well, obviously the parents who allow their children to ride in a school bus without seatbelts should be prosecuted for child endangerment and their children put in foster homes.

I disagree with you. I do not want the government, led by a bunch of busybody soccer Mommies with too much time on their hands, telling me how to raise my children. It's not going to be long and there will be nutrition laws that specify what your children can and cannot eat. Because it's significantly MORE likely that a child will grow up to be an obese adult and die of heart disease than they will die in a car accident.

Cowgirl

vraiblonde said:
Well, obviously the parents who allow their children to ride in a school bus without seatbelts should be prosecuted for child endangerment and their children put in foster homes.

I disagree with you. I do not want the government, led by a bunch of busybody soccer Mommies with too much time on their hands, telling me how to raise my children. It's not going to be long and there will be nutrition laws that specify what your children can and cannot eat. Because it's significantly MORE likely that a child will grow up to be an obese adult and die of heart disease than they will die in a car accident.

Crap...I thought it was run by busy-body tree huggers?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
spicy said:
maybe she would not have broken her neck if she had been wearing a seat belt.....?
Or maybe she could have gotten smooshed by the vehicle and crushed had she remained in it? :shrug:

Mikeinsmd

Chasey_Lane said:
Are you serious? :lmao: How'd she get thrown from a bus? :eyebrow:

Cowgirl

Chasey_Lane said:
Or maybe she could have gotten smooshed by the vehicle and crushed had she remained in it? :shrug:

We'll never know how accidents could have/would have turned out in different situations. Do you buckle your children in?